This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Anakah View Post
    How could people not understand the concept of EXPIRED ID's are not acceptable ID. They're invalid! Drives me up a freaking wall. Or they're in another language or forgotten.
    Not to start an argument, Anakah, but a retired police Sgt. once told me that in that state, the Non-Driver State IDs don't actually expire, so an expired Driver's License defaulted into functioning as a valid NS-ID. Perhaps that's the case where the guy comes from?
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Wednesday I got ID'd for my bottle of Cutty Sark. I don't drink, never have had alcohol, but I buy it for presents and special occasions. It had been so long since I had been ID'd at this store, I actually did the "you've got to be pulling my leg" eyeroll when the guy asked me if I was old enough.

So I pulled out the only photo ID I have--my expired military ID (my driver's license has a no photo exception). Its obviously me, and its got the b-day on it, but its at least 3 years expired. I've had cops take it as ID when they need some sort of confirmation of who I am with no problem. Maybe its a state by state thing?

(The Cutty was a thank you/bribe for the scrap yard boss letting me take home 310 lbs of brass sheets with old Jody Coyote jewelry stampings from 1994 in them, without making me pay for them...he's letting me pick out what I want, bring everything else back to weigh, and I pay him for the difference. How cool is that? If he liked scotch, I'd be buying him something older than he is for being so cool to me).
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        JustZu, tell those old bitties if they want to get carded and look younger, they better head out and get some Botox.
        love that frozen-head look! Unfortunately it won't help their neck wrinkles and vulture claw hands. Plus they're usually tan-addicts, so they look like a leather saddlebag.

Comment

Ok i had an experience today that was annoying. I hit my growth sper young. Ive been mistaken for 18+ since age 12. I expect to be carded because well i look young and how do you know I am not. I did a cigar run for my AM because she was joenzing for some nicatine. I had a little piece of paper with her order. Im nerveus because ive Never done this before. THE LADY DIDNT CARD ME!!!!!!
          Good god lady how do you know im not the one person in my store underage???

Comment

Well, if you're truly concerned about the fact that the lady has no issues with selling to minors, you could report her to the store manager/owners.

My aunt, who smokes like a chimney, once called the police to rat out some gas station clerk who was selling cigarettes to kids that weren't even high school age who rode up on their bicycles.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I worry when I don't get carded. There are friends of mine I went to high school with who work at gas stations, they know how old I am, so we're okay there, but if I pull up to a strange gas station and the cashier doesn't card me, I get worried.

I look 16 at my best. Even with my full makeup and hair done. That clerk really doesn't know how old I am, do they? Why risk it?

People my age would say "be happy you don't have to show your ID, you can probably buy beer if you want!"....

Obviously they've never seen it from a clerk's POV. One fine and you're fired. And YOU pay the fine.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                Yesterday, a customer asked for lottery tickets. He looked young so I asked for ID. He didn't have the proper ID and I informed him that I needed an ID with his actual birthdate. He said out loud to his friend in one of the check out lines at the time that he got carded for tickets (lottery, that is).
                That's not unussual it's happen to me a fews times over the years . Last time it happened almost a year ago and it was a gas station near where I used to work. I brought them over a span of a few weeks and everytime I was asked for my ID (I know he was just doing his job but it was a bit ignoring).

First time was when I was 19 when I purchased my first ticket (I probably could pass for 15 year old) and then I was asked again when I was in my early 20s but I didn't have ID on (was on a break) so no ticket. Even through I brought a lottery ticket a few other times I never got asked for my ID for them even through they happen between the times I was carded. Maybe I just look really young to some people and I have problem with acne still so that doesn't help me look my age.

He he a few times when I brought a glass of wine the bartenders didn't ask for my ID and well, I did show them just in case. However, a couple of times the bartender remembered me from my last visit. I think it had to do with the lighting or lack of it.
                Last edited by rdp78; 05-22-2007, 12:36 AM. Reason: changed something
                Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                My space
                Facebook

Comment

Around here every single person in a bar has to have photo ID on them regardless of age. The cops can come thru and card everyone - if the 90 yr old dude in the back doesn't have ID then the bar gets a fine and a black mark - enough of those and they lose their liquor license.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                    How cool is that? If he liked scotch, I'd be buying him something older than he is for being so cool to me).
                    If you bought him a bottle of scotch older than he is, he would like it.

Old scotch is one of the best things ever. There's not much better than sitting on the porch (or in the hot tub) with a tumbler with two or three fingers worth of an old scotch sitting in the bottom just waiting to be sipped. It can be the middle of winter with a foot of snow outside, and i'll still go out on the porch with the scotch. I'm honestly not kidding.

Comment

Jester,

I saw this on Best of Craigslist, and suddenly wondered if you were in Cali

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sba/316771757.html

Comment

I used to have this "script" I'd say when asking for ID. (usually checks) It went quote:

I need to see some ID please. (At this point customer has a blank stare to which I would say on one breath) Driver's liscense, marriage liscense, birth certificate, and I'll also need a hair sample, blood sample, and some of your DNA to check with our records. However, if you have only a driver's liscense, I can take that too."

Customers would, by and large, laugh their heads off while they handed over the DL.
                        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Jester's bar name is Pixie? Somehow, that doesn't seem right.

(Love the craigslist though).
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I think Jester lives in Key West from reading a few of his posts. I'm really doubtful his bar name is Pixie. That just doesn't sound right unless it's a joke.
                            Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                            My space
                            Facebook

Comment

Yesterday, a customer wanted a pack of cigarettes. He looked young to me so I carded him. He didn't have his ID on him and I told him that I needed to see ID. He told me that he was 27 years old which means nothing to me and I told him that I still need to see ID and he ended up leaving without buying cigarettes.

A few minutes later, a lady came in wanting 2 packs of cigarettes. She looked young to me so I carded her. She showed me her ID without any problem. She was of age so I got her cigarettes and processed the transaction.
                              My Fanfic Page
                              My Fiction Page
                              My Social Group
                              My Pet Social Group
                              My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X