X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 customers this week

Long post

I work at a university as a contract Visitor Parking attendant inside an air conditioned booth. The Visitor Parking garage that was being used for visitors is currently being renovated. The first level of the faculty/staff garage is now being used for visitor parking. That garage is adjacent to Visitor Parking. I have to give everyone parking in visitor parking a visitor parking pass that is stamped indicating the univerisity name plus parking & transportation services as well as a stamp indicating the current date. I also have to show new customers where to park at on the first level since there is faculty/staff parking on that level. I use an access card to raise the gate for the customer to enter the garage.

First customer:

guy: "Hi, is this visitor parking?"

I tell him he can either parking at the meter lot owned by the city or at Visitor Parking for a $5.00 flat fee to exit.

guy: "So this is where visitors can park at?"
    me: "Yes, & it is a $5.00 flat fee to exit."

Guy looks at me in disbelief.

me: "Unfortunately it is all paid parking around here. If you want free parking, you have to go past this campus or past downtown."

Guy looks at me in disbelief.

"It is not very nice for the university to charge visitors."

me: "If you have any questions, you have to ask the parking office."

Guy: "Can I pay with my credit card."

me: "Yes"

I explain to him the procedure for paying with his credit card which is to go to the cashier office to pay & then to go to the parking office to get a token to exit. I also let him know that he needs a token to exit. I give him the visitor parking pass, & I tell him to place it on the dashboard face up.

I raise the gate arm at the booth, & I tell him to turn left. I grab the access card I use to raise the gate at the garage, & I walk up to the entrance gate to show him where to park at. He uses the visitor parking pass as an access card to raise the gate arm. No, the gate arm did not go up.

Second customer:

A female employee working for a *community college* drives up to the Visitor parking booth window wanting to park. Here is what happened.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    female: "Hi, I work for *community college*, I have a parking permit from that college, & I was told by *public transportation company* that I could park at Visitor's parking for 25 cents."
    me: "I'm sorry, but it is $5.00 to exit."
    female: "$5.00 to exit!!! I am only here to drop off paperwork! I will only be here for 5 minutes."

I repeat myself

female: "But *public transportation company* told me that if I pulled up here, & spoke to you, that you would let me park for 25 cents."

I repeat myself

female: "Well...I am not paying $5.00 when I was told by *public transportation company* I could park at Visitor parking for 25 cents."

I call the parking office, & one of the employees speaks to her. Here is what happened.

female: "I work for *community college*, & I have a parking permit. I am being told that it is $5.00 to park in Visitor Parking."

The parking office employee tells her it is $5.00 to exit.

female: "$5.00 to exit!!! I will only be here for 5 minutes. I am here to drop off some paperwork."

The parking office employee repeats herself.

female: "Ok...where else can I park at?"

The parking office employee gives her directions to other parking. She leaves.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 07-03-2011, 12:07 PM.

i like how she pulled prices out of her ass and tried to pass them off as authorized.

Comment

Working...
    X