This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, REALLY!?

Today seemed, at first, to be a standard, everyday day at SW. God's in his heaven, all's right with the world, right?

So goes the thought.

I went and got lunch, and came back to find our salesperson and LS chatting - shouting, actually - about something.

I listened to this for about five minutes, before curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to see what it was about.

Turns out that LS was curious as to how the previous proprietors of SW was doing. Come to find out, she was using some of our sites - SW's sites, contract and all - in her portfolio. Some of her page footers even still read SW, in fact.

I have a feeling this is going to be the start of a very interesting story. . .

Arghetlam@CS ~ $ sudo awesome

I still use the work I did for my old graphic design gigs in my portfolio; and you say she was the former proprietor (as in owner) of the company? I am missing what the problem is here, unless she is passing off other people's work as her own maybe?
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

icmedia. A lot of firms, including my former one take copyright with any graphics work that you do. I also have it in my portfolio, but it's on the downlow as they COULD take legal action.

Comment

Like I said, though... maybe I'm missing something -it said she was the former proprietor, as in owner, of the company -it is possible that she retained limited use ownership of the copyrights when she left... I know I would probably make that a stipulation if I had sold my company
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
          Like I said, though... maybe I'm missing something -it said she was the former proprietor, as in owner, of the company

I didn't get that impression. I got the impression LS worked for the company previously. OP said 'Turns out that LS was curious as to how the previous proprietors of SW was doing.' To me that implies LS worked for them, not that she was one.

Comment

I read it as LS still being employed with the company, and the discussion regarding the previous proprietors of the company, one of whom was using her previous works as portfolio examples... to me, the designation of "proprietor" is reserved for a company's owner... or maybe I just misunderstood the whole thing.

In any case, as the former sole proprietor of my own graphic and web design company, I assume that-outside of any specific contractual relinquishing of copyright or usage rights-I am permitted to show my previous projects as examples of my work.

Comment

Working...
            X