This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too stoned. Too stupid.

I cashed out this guy and HE was too stoned and stupid to understand anything. He argued with me for about 15 minutes over a late fee that he insisted he paid and had a receipt for (obviously he didn't since it was still owed). So, I kept telling him, "Fine- bring me the receipt and I'll be happy to remove it." I even let him rent and he was just TOO DAMN STONED AND STUPID! He couldn't even understand what due dates are and why we charge fees, etc. GAH!

We were INSANELY/CRAZILY busy- we had a line to the back of the store and I just wanted to get the guy OUT so I could move up the line.

Anyhoo~ when he FINALLY started to walk away I noticed the guy in line behind him looked pretty ticked off and was holding a bottle of soda upside down.
    He came up to my register and said, "That guy was just about to be bludgeoned upside the head with Root Beer!"

I said, "I'd have cheered you on."
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

I'd have HELPED! With a 2-liter, no less!

Oddly enough, though, I've found adopting a less professional and more 'Duuuuuude' type of approach gets the stoners to cooperated more. Stoner and English may seem similar, but they're totally different languages.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Dealing with stoned people was much easier than dealing with drunk and twacked out meth tripping customers. I prefer mellow, slurring and stuttering behavior versus obnoxious laughter and snorting, stumbling, psychotic behavior, and screaming.

Having said that, we all know how low my idiot and bullshit tolerance is.

Glazed over eyes and a wide open agape mouth and a constant slur of "derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr um...........um.....................uh............ ......" was all it took to make me want to grab the 2x4 and whack the idiocy out of them.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Its the height of rudeness to visit a place of business while stoned and expect them to deal with you.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          Its the height of rudeness to visit a place of business while stoned and expect them to deal with you.
          So, that's what, 5'10"? (-;
          I'm sorry to inform you that my capacity to care has taken a plunge, much like the popularity of Tom Cruise after his "you don't know the history of psychiatry" rant on national TV.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
            I'd have HELPED! With a 2-liter, no less!
            No no no no no. 3 liter. Of Wildwood. That HURTS.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              But, y'know, if you're stoned, you may not remember that fact.

Comment

I'd rather deal with stoners than drunks personally, like JustaDude said all it takes is to be relaxed and they tend to understand you. When I worked the Party Venue it was at times a complete drug fest, some days the stench would be quite strong. And I've lost count of how many times a stoner has offered me drugs.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I feel your pain NightAngel.

I used to be an administrator for an EMS site that has since gone away. My duties, other than the normal everyday moderating of posts, was to approve memberships. We had a problem with a stoner who repeatedly flamed other members or made way off-topic posts. (nude pix, pictures of marijuana leaves, etc.) He was repeatedly warned. He repeatedly ignored them. He was banned.

As you may or may not know, when you ban someone, you are denying access to the IP number of the user. Unfortunately if the person is on dial-up service, every time they log into their ISP service, their IP number changes, thereby rendering a true banning useless. Fortunately enough, the bulletin board software the site used had the capability of also banning email addresses. Our stoner friend either knew this or was too out of it to realize it.

Every day when I logged on, I saw this guy requesting permission to join the site. Even if I had approved his membership, the software would have caught his email address and denied it. Even after being told that he was banned from the site and that he would always be banned, he registered for the site every day, using different user names. I even told him that using different user names won't work. Did that stop him? Nuh-uh. For well over a month he tried to register using a different user name every time, such as StonedJim, BostonStoner, Stoner123, getStoned, etc., you get the pattern. Every user name he used had a reference to stoned in it. What did him in, as far as the software was concerned, was his email addy, DazedAndConfusedStoner @hisISP.com

A more appropriate email address does not exist.

(All names changed to protect the stupid)

DON'T USE DRUGS CHILDREN!
                  This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Most modern board software packages allow you to disallow certain words in the names people want, so if he was concentrating on stoner related names then nowadays that could easily be thwarted. That said, sometimes you just have to know where someone is (been there, done that).

Rapscallion

Comment

And considering the little April Fool's Day word warp trick you played on us last month, I'm guessing that part of this feature is the ability to substitute one word for another. This would have really come in handy back then.
                      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                        But, y'know, if you're stoned, you may not remember that fact.
                        I have yet to meet a stoner that was unaware of the fact that he was stoned. Most of them tend to comment on how stoned they are, especially when they are really stoned.

I'll take a stoner any day over a drunk or crack/meth head.

Honestly, I'm wondering if the guy from the OP was on something more than just smoke.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X