This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    *giggles* you know i think the thought of you dressed like cuddy from House would be sexier.
    Dr Cameron has better fashion sense. I'm more likely to copy her.

Now I need to shut up, before everyone starts having fantasies about me in a schoolgirl uniform/doctor coat combo
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
      What do you expect. After all, it was invented by Al Gore.

You're supposed to believe ALL politicians. /sarcasm
      I don't think anyone ever says that you should believe all politicians, but you REALLY shouldn't believe every media sound bite (and this one is a classic example) because:
      1) Al Gore never actually said that.
      2) What he did do was take credit for heading up the committee that pushed for funding for the project that ultimately grew into the internet. So, technically, he did HELP invent the internet by recognizing that it had really great potential way back, even when others did not.
      http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

He may have been a good legislator, but he's not a good orator or a good campaigner.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post

Now I need to shut up, before everyone starts having fantasies about me in a schoolgirl uniform/doctor coat combo
        I wouldn't have even thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it... but now that I have thought of it...

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
        I don't think anyone ever says that you should believe all politicians, but you REALLY shouldn't believe every media sound bite (and this one is a classic example) because:
        1) Al Gore never actually said that.
        2) What he did do was take credit for heading up the committee that pushed for funding for the project that ultimately grew into the internet. So, technically, he did HELP invent the internet by recognizing that it had really great potential way back, even when others did not.
        Yeah, but what he actually said was, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." That transforms easily enough into "I created the internet." From there, it's no big leap to, "I invented the internet."

Of course he didn't mean it quite the way it sounded... but that's another story. He still said what he said.
        I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
          SM: I want my service canceled because I don't get service in my house and I'm not paying for a service I can't use.
          ME: That's unfortunate. I'd be happy to see what we can do to improve the service for you or-
          [mass snippage]
          SM: Let me talk to a supervisor!

This guy could have canceled when his contract ran out, but he upgraded in November. When he still didn't get service at home, he could have returned the phone and canceled. He chose to keep the service. Oh, and even though he couldn't get any service at all, he still manages to go over his minutes every month. Pretty good for service he can't use.
          You know; I don't get service at my new apartment. Well, I could stand in the corner of my bedroom, or over my kitchen sink, but otherwise, it's right in the middle of the lowest signal strength for my area.

But, the thing is that I have a cell phone so that I can contact people when I'm not at my house! See, I have a land line number for people to call when I am there.

@-.-@
          . ^--- my kitty-sig doing Leia cosplay...
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
            Dr Cameron has better fashion sense. I'm more likely to copy her.

No, no, no, Cameron is like French Vanilla ice cream. Good, but predictable and kind of plain.

Cuddy is Real Strawbeery ice cream. Exciting, sweet, and interesting.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              No, no, no, Cameron is like French Vanilla ice cream. Good, but predictable and kind of plain.

Cuddy is Real Strawbeery ice cream. Exciting, sweet, and interesting.
              I think I might prefer french vanilla over beer tasting strawberry, or straw tasting beer berry. Wait, that one might be good!
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

opps.....
                Ok thats just sad that my fingers did that.

Comment

Working...
                X