This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworked Attacked By Mouthless Bug

Paul, the same coworker who made The Great Baja Mess, gave me quite a laugh today. Right now, it's Fishfly Season where I live, so the buildings, streets, lamp posts and trees are given a fresh coat of bugs. They come once a year for one month to feed the birds and fish. These bugs are dumb. The live for one day, have no mouth, can't bite, eat, poop, protect itself, anything. The exist to be eaten. Most people either tolerate them or dislike them. Some, however, FEAR them. I don't know why. Their only abilities include flying and landing on things. Seriously, you flick them off and they fall to the ground, twitching.

So Paul was taking out the trash. This includes taking the can out the "one way" back door ment only for deliveries and trash take out, dragging it to the dumpsters, sorting trash from cardboard, taking the can back to the door and walking inside to open the door and retrieve the can. While Paul was walking back inside, I noted a fishfly stuck to his collar.

Me: Hey, Paul! You got a fishfly on you!
    Paul: No I don't.
    Me: Yes, you do. It's right there on your neck.
    Paul: No, I don't. Seriously, stop it Kisa.

He keeps walking to the back, I follow him.

Me: PAUL! I'm NOT kidding! There's one, right here*points on my own collar* on the back of your collar!

Paul's eyes get saucer-wide. He freezes, and gently brings his hand up to the wrong side of his collar. He gently feels around, then gets frantic, tearing at his collar and shirt. I see it fly off. Suddenly, he TAKES HIS SHIRT OFF!!!

Paul: Did I get it??!!!
    Me: Ummm....lemme see.....yes.
    Paul: Then where is it!!!!
    Me: *looks around and spots it on the door* Right there. *flicks it in the head, killing it* There. I didn't know you were so scared of them.
    Paul: I'm NOT scared!!! I just don't like them!!!

Right...that's why you ripped off your shirt to get it off of you

Tezzie walks back.

Tezzie: What's going on.....Paul, where's your shirt?
    Me: He got attacked by a fishfly

Paul is a big, tough lookin guy, so it was SO funny to see his get so freaked out over a totally harmless bug on his collar

Here is a fishfly for those who have never seen them.
    Attached Files
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

GASPTH! LOVEBUGS!

*Digs out the electric tennis racket bug zapper*

I WANNA PLAY!
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I dunno, they look freaky to me. Don't care if they don't do anything, I wouldn't like having something like that on me.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I have a bug phobia. You'd be lucky if I didn't rip ALL my clothes off. And run screaming through the store.
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I once shrieked while at the register cause a fly buzzed by. The customer was completely entertained.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Here is a fishfly for those who have never seen them.
            actual name is a mayfly

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            GASPTH! LOVEBUGS!
            umm noo

Lovebugs look like this
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              GASPTH! LOVEBUGS!

*Digs out the electric tennis racket bug zapper*

I WANNA PLAY!
              My cat thinks they are the bestest crunchy snack ...
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Nooooooooooo, no love bugs...they are not allowed back until September!!

Don't know much about mayflies...but love bugs make a huge mess on cars as they drive along, and I remember about 10 years ago we and some friends rented a boat for an afternoon and as we went up to it we could see it was COVERED in love bugs. Ugggghhh. Aside from them all flying past us/onto us as we zoomed out onto the river, once we got out there they were pretty much gone
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  actual name is a mayfly
                  Oops! Sorry! Everyone around here calls them fishflies It's that there Michigan talk! Apparently, we have accents too

Comment

I think I'd probably freak out too! How big are they???
                    "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
                      I think I'd probably freak out too! How big are they???
                      They are about as big as a pen cap. Heres a picture of a mayfly on someone's thumb.
                      Attached Files

Comment

...O.o Are you sure they don't sting? Those look like stingers.
                        We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

Quoth Tsiyeria View Post
                          ...O.o Are you sure they don't sting? Those look like stingers.
                          Don't worry, they don't sting The thing on his butt is his tail/ They are soft and harmless. They help them fly better I'm not a bug person, but I don't mind mayflies simply because they are the dumbest, most harmless bug in existance. Like ugly butterflies

Comment

So, was the view good without the shirt?
                            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                            "What IS fun to fight through?"
                            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                              Oops! Sorry! Everyone around here calls them fishflies It's that there Michigan talk! Apparently, we have accents too
                              Damn Michiganders

Comment

Working...
                              X