X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meow....err hello

Hi,

I´m Codey, Cody, Codeless, or whatever version of my screenname you want to call me.

Looong time lurker, but only a customer till now.
    20 years old, I will be an archeology student come october, and am trying to become self-employed by selling sculped things and baked goods. I don´t have any kind of shop yet but I´m working on it.

Otherwise, I like books, kitties and strange things, and dislike bullying, arguments, and spinach.

Addition: While I have not been diagnosed dyslexic (simply because I haven´t gone to a doctor and asked yet) I have a lot of trouble with spelling. Please believe me that I try to minimize misspellings and typo´s, and hope my posts will still be readable.

Well, this post looks fine. And welcome! You should read sparks' stories and kanalah's stories if you haven't; they sell handmade items.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

OooooOoo, I am jealous, you live in Berlin and can wander over to the Pergamonmuseum whenever you have the time.

What will your specialty be when you are finished? I have a thing for steppes tribes [you know what a pain in the ass it is finding Maenchen-Helfens reference works on Huns is?! Last one I scored was several hundred $$ from ABEBooks]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        OooooOoo, I am jealous, you live in Berlin
        On the other hand, she lives in a teacup, and that's gotta be cramped.

Welcome aboard LMC. May all your custys be sane ones.

Comment

^But it´s a nice roomy teacup. And so far, I´ve only had nice custys. *knocks on wood*

Everyone, thank you

@FoodLady: I may have read some before but I´ll look them up.

@AccountingDrone: Yep, museums are a cool thing here. I´m going to be studying Grecian and Roman acheology, but my interest is pretty much the entire field. Just can´t be studying that all at once...

Comment

Quoth Little Miss Codeless View Post
            @AccountingDrone: Yep, museums are a cool thing here. I´m going to be studying Grecian and Roman acheology, but my interest is pretty much the entire field. Just can´t be studying that all at once...
            The ethnological goodies in the Berlin Museums will be handy for you then, I only get to see them in photographs

I have always been interested, when I was 8 I taught myself basic heiroglyph transliteration and learned both the classic greek alphabet but also cyrillic and used to take class notes in them to prevent people from stealing my notebooks [I used to take very good notes in class, and spent 2 years in public schools with kids that were assholes] My original interest was in egyptology, but that was a nonstarter as making a living in egyptology back in the late 70s/early 80s was pretty dismal [hooking up as a museologist and doing summer digs as slave labor was about it] but I ended up researching huns for an SCA persona and got hooked on steppes tribes.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Meow... I studied Ancient Greece for two years at school. At least any annoying customers can be savagely beat around the head with a baked good,and then the evidence eaten. Now as to what to call you... Cody or Codeless? Little Miss Tiny Things...I don't think will go down so well :P
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

^Well it made me giggle and confuse the cats, anyway. And I will most certainly keep your alternative uses for baking in mind.

@Acounting drone: Yes. My interest in ancient artifacts is partially owed to that museum in fact. I tried to get into the egyptology program, but that didn´t work out, more´s the pity.

Comment

Welcome! I'll trade catnip for your spinach!

Comment

Quoth Little Miss Codeless View Post
                    ^Well it made me giggle and confuse the cats, anyway. And I will most certainly keep your alternative uses for baking in mind.

@Acounting drone: Yes. My interest in ancient artifacts is partially owed to that museum in fact. I tried to get into the egyptology program, but that didn´t work out, more´s the pity.
                    The roadblock in Egyptology *used* to be Zahi Hawass and his obstructionist tendencies. Perhaps with the shakeup in Egypt over the past couple years it will actually improve. One of my ex boyfriends was an Egyptologist who shifted to US [check out Cahokia] to open up a lot more opportunities to get published and actually work out in the field and get credit for his projects. Hawass had the most annoying habit of licensing a minor dig site that he figured was played out or really didn't have anything and then when something popped up would roll in and take over the site and do all the publishing and taking the credit for discoveries.

[I have actually put onto the internet enough bitching about his practices that if I were to go into Egyptology I could pretty much be assured I would never get a permit as long as he was in control.]

Comment

*grabs Catnip* purrpurrpurrpurrpurrPURRPURRPURR
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

My catnip! *grabs*
                        Okay, I feel silly only posting here so I´ll write up some praises for my first few custy´s soonish.

Comment

Working...
                        X