This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny new newbie

Uhm, so yeah. Hi. I'm new here, and semi-new to the workforce (only on my second job). I joined this site because, well, my first job totally sucked, but I thought it might have been a fluke. Now that I've moved on, I'm not so convinced, and I have a collection, small but entertaining, of stories where the customers truly did suck.

I'm 18, of the female variety, and I've worked in retail, and food. Along with babysitting, but I'm not sure if that counts.
    I'm new here, so if you have any questions, feel free to message me. I'll probably change this later when I find something funny to put here.

Oh Shiny!!!!!

Hey I'm only on my second job too! But I've been in the workforce about 5 years now. Babysitting counts most definitely. I don't recall any babysitting threads, their might be a couple but I don't see them that often, so go ahead and add some. We could use a bit more variety.

So without further ado. to .

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

EQ Cookies to the left, CustomersSuck BrainBleach to the right and the most important rule: Do not drink while reading the boards. Your monitor/laptop will love you for it.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I now wish I had seen that "Don't drink" post earlier. I got Pibb Xtra with a shot of cherry all over my shiny new laptop monitor.

I then had a panic attack because "omfg i ruined my laptop mom will hate me it was so expensive and i love it so much is this how i take care of things i love OMG i can never have a baby i'll drown it or something!"

>.> That little thought spiral o'doom coulda been avoided had I checked this thread earlier. Lol.
          Thank you for the welcomes.
          I'm new here, so if you have any questions, feel free to message me. I'll probably change this later when I find something funny to put here.

Comment

Quoth Nelsonette View Post
            I now wish I had seen that "Don't drink" post earlier. I got Pibb Xtra with a shot of cherry all over my shiny new laptop monitor.

I then had a panic attack because "omfg i ruined my laptop mom will hate me it was so expensive and i love it so much is this how i take care of things i love OMG i can never have a baby i'll drown it or something!"

>.> That little thought spiral o'doom coulda been avoided had I checked this thread earlier. Lol.
            Thank you for the welcomes.
            You get use to the It happens a lot.

Comment

Yeah, that feeling happens a lot, to the best of us. Even the veterans of the board have been caught off guard, I'm sure!

btw,

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                Yeah, that feeling happens a lot, to the best of us. Even the veterans of the board have been caught off guard, I'm sure!

btw,
                Oh yeah I do. Earlier I read a post by Mike that threw Protege off gaurd. And they've been here since dirt was invented.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, and be careful with those Pibb Xtras! they're too yummy, and laptops don't even appreciate their delicious flavor!
                  "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

No one can appreciate Pibb Xtra as much as I do.
                    They're even MORE delicious if you add cherry syrup to them.

>.> I've been using the tips I get every night to buy food at the end of my shift. I usually make between $4-$8, depending on whether the moon is full or not. I typically end up getting chicken fingers, cheese fries, a hot fudge brownie, and a single on sourdough with cheese and bacon, along with my delicious Pibb.

Maybe I'll finally gain some weight, eating fast food every other day. Lol.

Comment

Lol, I have that problem too, it was worse when I had glandular fever my first year of Uni and lost 5kg instead of gaining it...

Anyways I'm new here too, spent most of the day reading the different posts and kept going to post a reply, thought I'd better sign up

I've worked retail x2, same store different town (I figured the second time it was going to be one of the easiest places to find a job, around about a year ago now, since I already had experience)

I've also worked at one of our lovely local McDonalds, they are all over the place wherever you are in the world so I can name that one

I'm in my final year of Uni and working at the second retail place in the weekends, I love customers, most of the time, but when they suck it really gets me down. I will have to post a couple of stories later
                      Began work Aug as casual '08
                      Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                      Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Working...
                      X