This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "She embarrassed me!"

So for the first half of my shift I was working at SCO and right before my break, the cashier on register 1 (which is right by SCO) came up to me and asked me about some gum and pointed it out by SCO. She asked me if it was $1 or $1.49, and I pointed to the sign and said it was supposed to be $1.49. She went back to her register and told the lady there about it. I was standing nearby and saw the lady point down to the gum by that register, so I went and looked. I saw that the tags were from 12-25-12, so I tore off the part of the tags that said the gum was $1, as to save future confusion. I simply told the lady that the tags were out of date, but that we'd still give them to her for a dollar and told the cashier to ring them up at a dollar.

After the lady was finished, she came up to me and asked to speak to a manager. The head store manager happened to be working to night and came down to talk to her. I was helping a few customers at SCO, but I could hear her ranting and raving about how I embarrassed her and made her look like a fool because she knew she saw the gum for a dollar and to have the cashier come back to her and say they weren't made her feel like an idiot. When I got done helping my customers, I came over and simply and politely explained what happened, but she kept talking over me and kept going on and saying how she spends all kinds of money here and that one of the packs of gum should've been free and blah blah blah. The manager told me to get a dollar out of SCO til and write a note explaining why it's a dollar short. At that moment the lady closing SCO came up to relieve me for my break.

Later I asked my manager about her, and he said don't worry about her and that he told her there was no need to get all huffy over some gum.

Also a bonus story: Last week, I was working SCO. I don't remember what I was doing, but I had a lady come up to me and ask me if the machine she was at was working, and I told her they should all be working. I looked at my handheld and noticed she had scanned the item that was in her hand and it was waiting for her to put it in the bagging area, so I told her to do so. At that same time, her son was trying to scan some oranges, so when she set the item in her hand down, the machine then started yelling at them to move the item off the scanner. At that point her and her husband decided that the machine wasn't working, because...you know.....they couldn't be bothered to read or listen. I saw them grabbing their stuff and moving so I asked them to wait and come back. I had them set the two things they had scanned down in the bagging area, and then to scan their oranges. The lady didn't think it would work and was going on about how they had already tried to scan it, but lo and behold it scanned. I then tried to explain what happened and why they were having trouble with it but the husband started getting an attitude with me, talking over me and interrupting me, saying that he's in here all the time and they never have problems at SCO. When I tried to finish what I was saying, he finally told me to just go away.

A dollar short here & a dollar short there & sooner or later somebody's head IS going to roll. So she was embarrassed. She needs to get over herself.

Comment

I hope you had the manager sign the note. Otherwise that dollar short is on your head. Cause he can just 'forget' he told you to do it.

Comment

I'm honestly not worried about being one dollar short in the SCO til. I've never had any problems before about being short. No one has ever said anything to me about being short. And in all the jobs I've had working registers, I've been short maybe once or twice total that I've been told about, and I never got in trouble because of it. The store manager is also pretty good about backing up his employees. I don't think I've ever gotten in trouble over a customer complaining about me

Comment

Working...
        X