This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALM DOWN.

So I was trying to write off product in the middle of the day when a woman comes up to my counter. The counter is actually CLOSED because my CW was handling all transactions. Generally when I have product that I am trying to write off I have to ring it all in and then write down the total and put it in the book, etc etc etc. Well she pretty much shoves my sign out of the way and hands me her card and says 25 on 5. Befuddled, I move the sign out of the way and put 25 on 5.

What I didn't realize was that I already had the things I was writing off still on the screen.

She FLIPPED SHIT.

Her card WAS NOT CHARGED for the transaction but she started in on how "YOU DON'T MAKE MISTAKES LIKE THAT" and "I'M GONNA CALL MY BANK AND THE MONEY BETTER BE THERE!"

Me: The transaction didn't go through. It would have printed a receipt.
    SC: I NEED MY MONEY IN THERE ASAP AND OF COURSE IT DIDN'T PRINT NO RECEIPT CAUSE YOU DID YOUR LITTLE THING. I DON'T NEED YOU AND YOUR SYSTEM!!!!
    Me: o______o (By "little thing" I'm assuming she meant when I purged the pending transaction)

Every single person in the store is STARING at her. I only made her angrier really because I kept my face completely stoic and when she started saying that she was going to call her bank I just replied with "Okay, that's fine." So she was just getting more and more pissed because she was sure that I didn't know what I was talking about and in reality SHE was the one who had no idea what she was talking about.

She really did sit out in her car and call her bank too. Guess who didn't come in and try to bitch at me after that? Uh...the woman who WASN'T CHARGED for anything more than her gas.

My god. People are fucking stupid. After she left I said to the line, "Some people just need to calm down." They all heartily agreed.

ugh, pushy & over reactive! Awful woman is awful. Good job keeping your cool!

Comment

She needs a boot in her rump. Maybe that'll calm her down. I Hate when people flip their sh!t like that! D:<
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

And this is why you should have sent her to your CW who was handling all transactions at the time, and continued on with your task.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

"don't touch my sign, please go to an open register"
          *puts sign back where it was*
          *resumes task at hand*

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
            "don't touch my sign, please go to an open register"
            *puts sign back where it was*
            *resumes task at hand*
            Or more diplomatically, "Sorry, I'm just in the middle of a transaction at the moment. CW will be happy to help you, though!"

Comment

In the words of Lloyd Dobler, "YOU MUST CHILL!"

Or in the words of George Carlin, "Calm down...have some dip."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X