This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Angry Man (HAM)

I work in a concession within a larger store. I was on my break and just walking back to the concession I work in when I heard this almighty racket coming from the larger store's tills. It was a very loud, very angry sounding man, who I've dubbed HAM. I didn't hear anyone else at this point. It was just him, getting louder and more agitated.

HAM: YOU CLEAN THIS MESS UP RIGHT NOW!
    CLEAN IT UP!
    I DEMAND YOU SWEEP THIS UP!
    FOR. GOD'S. SAKE. CLEAN IT UP!

Then he pretty much dragged a young female cashier off her till, as she was serving (it was busy, by the way) and yelled at her to get a broom and sweep up the mess. She complied with HAM's orders, probably because she was scared. I don't know whether or not she was going too slow for him, or not doing a good enough job because then he bellowed, loud enough for the entire shop to hear:

HAM: GET ME YOUR MANAGER!
    GET HIM! NOW!

So another cashier paged for the manager and he came down to assist. By that point he'd calmed down dramatically and appeared to be talking to the manager in a civilized manner. As all this was going on, the man's wife/partner etc ended up walking out of the shop, seemingly mortified by HAM's outburst.

Aaaand here's the most infuriating part: It turns out that the mess was HAM's fault. He'd shoved a potted plant onto the till with such force that some of the soil spilled out on to the floor, and apparently there wasn't THAT much mess to get into such a state over anyway.

I hope you informed the manager about his bellowing and berating the cashier? They love to bully the team members, but they're always sweet as sugar to the managers.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I have an absolutely allergic reaction to the words "I demand." It makes me want to do anything BUT what the person wants. Who the effing hell does he think he is to "demand" anything? Ugh.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When he laid hands on the cashier, he committed assault (among other things).

Pity she can't file charges against him.

More pity that *stores* won't file charges on behalf of their employees who get manhandled.

Comment

Working...
        X