This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Package Confusion

I called brown to schedule a pickup. After going through the phone tree, I am able to schedule a pickup through an agent. She wasn't very good at her job.

She asked me how to spell my name. I have a very common first name and a very common (though commonly misspelled) last name.

She asked me for the address of my office. I thought that it was odd that she did not ask how to spell the name of the road. It's not a common street name.

She also tried to put Winston-Salem in South Carolina. There is no Winston-Salem in South Carolina; it's in North Carolina.

The local brown dispatch called and asked where we are. It turns out that the agent spelled our street name after a famous soccer star. That wasn't even close to the street name. After clearing up that confusion, the brown driver got to his goal.

I should mention that she may have been a trainee. I hope so. I also hope she gets better at her job.
    Last edited by EricKei; 06-18-2015, 08:28 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Just hope she doesn't route a package meant for Duluth GA to Duluth MN, or one for Ontario CA to Canada. First was one I read about in the trade press (company had facilities in both cities, truckload of freight went to the wrong one), second was one shipment on an LTL linehaul I took from Massachussets to Montreal - dispatcher had a shunter put the trailer back in a dock RIGHT NOW.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've had a couple things in my life shipped to Miami, OH instead of Miami, FL. I actually feel bad for the residents of Miami, OH, as when most people hear "Miami", they think Florida, so the opposite mistake probably happens far more frequently.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I hope they don't bill you to "reroute" the package. Hopefully you had already paid up front, because Brown normally charges a fee if they have to call/reschedule/verify address on a shipment.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I have an aunt and uncle in Austin, CO. I have to check repeatedly to make sure their packages don't go to Texas's capital.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            I have an aunt and uncle in Austin, CO. I have to check repeatedly to make sure their packages don't go to Texas's capital.
            Oh, ! I better check on my trip to Austin, TX.

Good, I booked the flight going to Texas.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              I hope they don't bill you to "reroute" the package. Hopefully you had already paid up front, because Brown normally charges a fee if they have to call/reschedule/verify address on a shipment.
              When it's happened it's been clearly their error, so if they'd tried to charge me there would have been trouble.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                Good, I booked the flight going to Texas.
                Austin, CO is a small town and doesn't have an airport....no need to worry there.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm flying to Dallas, TX, not Dallas, GA, or Dallas, NC.

Comment

There's the story of the Italian tourists that went to the wrong Sydney. Which links to an Argentinian woman who made a similar geographic mistake..

Even the English have made the mistake.

It's an easy mistake to make after all. They are literally on opposite sides of the globe and one is 1% the size of the other.

Comment

Working...
                    X