Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your face looks like hell are you sick???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your face looks like hell are you sick???

Had a weird thing happen at work.
    Customer: Are you okay?
    Me: I'm fine. *nod*
    Customer: Are you SURRRRE?
    Me: Yes. I'm sure. Fine. *smile*

He looks at me like he's doubtful, and then walks away. He does it again, but I brush it off. He's just a weirdo right?

Then a different customer comes.

Customer: You okay?
    Me: Yeah..
    Customer: You look like you're sick!! Are you feeling well???
    Me: Uh, no I'm fine.
    Customer: Hmmmm.... *same doubtful look*

I looked myself in the lobby mirror. No rash breaking out on my face, no paleness or green or gray. What were they talking about? Were they trying to say that my face looked like hell? Or were they being passive aggressive that I didn't say "how are you" or had no crazed grin on.
    If so, Eff them both =P
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Some people, deep down inside, have a hard time understanding why everyone else in the world isn't them.

So when they see another person who isn't them, they get concerned that something is wrong.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

People used to ask me this when I didn't wear makeup to work.

I stopped using eye makeup years ago due to a dry eye problem (makes my eyes itch, I rub them, there goes the eyeshadow and mascara...), so it's been a while since my face scared anyone
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I do wear makeup, very little but I do! Just some eyeliner. That's all.
        Not lipstick because I eat alot during my shift and I don't like it all over my teeth. Bleah. And foundation gives me skin a rash, even the hypoallergenic kind.
        Well maybe they didn't mean harm but say to someone "you face make you look sick" is like them saying to a fat person "are you pregnant" when they're not. :\
        My cw says I need to wear more makeup. No thanks. Creeps start hitting on me when I put more. I rather look sick than that to start up again. :\

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
          My cw says I need to wear more makeup. No thanks. Creeps start hitting on me when I put more. I rather look sick than that to start up again. :\
          Why not put on a clown face? It wouldn't encourage creeps to start hitting on you, and your co-worker DID say you need to wear more makeup.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You're probably right, since you weren't grinning like a loon, that means you're sick! I've gotten the, "you look tired" comment a decent amount. Yeah? It's likely that I am tired, thanks so much for pointing it out.

Nobody ever tells me to wear makeup, thank goodness. It's just not that type of area. I'd also probably react badly, and jump onto my soapbox. But sometimes I think I should try to do something about my cheeks. I have rosy cheeks, all the time. Not like rosacae, just red. And often people think I'm blushing.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
              And foundation gives me skin a rash, even the hypoallergenic kind.
              Have you tried pure mineral foundation? It's always in powder form; if it's a paste it's got other rubbish mixed in and is liable to clog pores or cause a reaction. Also check to see if they've included stuff like talc, which can also cause problems. If you find a product you're interested in, it might be worth asking at the counter if they're willing to do a quick demo for you so that you can check and see if you skin reacts.

I won't lie, it's quite expensive in comparison to other foundations, but a little goes a long way. If you save it for special occasions or going out then it'll last longer. You do need to practice first, though, as it's slightly more fiddly to apply properly than normal powders. Worth it not to have the pimples and red patches the next day, though.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                Have you tried pure mineral foundation? It's always in powder form; if it's a paste it's got other rubbish mixed in and is liable to clog pores or cause a reaction. Also check to see if they've included stuff like talc, which can also cause problems. If you find a product you're interested in, it might be worth asking at the counter if they're willing to do a quick demo for you so that you can check and see if you skin reacts.

I won't lie, it's quite expensive in comparison to other foundations, but a little goes a long way. If you save it for special occasions or going out then it'll last longer. You do need to practice first, though, as it's slightly more fiddly to apply properly than normal powders. Worth it not to have the pimples and red patches the next day, though.
                I tried bareminerals powder and it works for about three hours before it starts itching. It's fine for special occasions but for an eight hour shift, forget it! It's too expensive anyway. My skin is very sensitive to things being held aganist it. I can't even put my face into my pillow to sleep without waking up with hives.
                So if I have a breakout I use a litttttle bit of concealer sometimes. My cheeks have no color in them so I look like corpse at work. I feel like corpse too lol.
                Hey, maybe that's why they thot I looked sick. Well, if dead looks sick.

Comment

I get this kind of stuff all the time, though they don't always say anything. Sometimes they just give me a look. I hate it. It isn't relevant to the transaction, so just leave it alone.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Why not put on a clown face? It wouldn't encourage creeps to start hitting on you, and your co-worker DID say you need to wear more makeup.
                    But what if someone DID hit on her while she was wearing that?

... *shivers*

Comment

Working...
                    X