X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News Everyone!

We got aisle numbers!!!!!!

And we are going to have short lists of some items which are on the aisle, like grocery stores have. And each side of the aisle has a number! So I don't have to say it's on the right or the left. The right side would be A20 and the left side would be A21. It's so awesome, I can't even tell you.

Yes, we are still supposed to walk everyone to the item, blah blah. But when we're super busy I can actually help, instead of vaguely pointing. I realize if you haven't been in one of these stores before it's hard to grasp how huge a deal this is, but let me assure you, IT IS HUGE.
    Last edited by notalwaysright; 07-26-2015, 12:06 AM.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

I was quite pleased to see the new aisle numbers going up too. When I first started back in 2009, we had aisle numbers, then Corporate took them down. They wanted us to give "good customer service" by walking every customer to where the item they wanted was. However, they didn't give us enough payroll hours to have enough employees to do that!

I guess they figured out that aisle number signs were cheaper than employees. Now we've got to memorize the aisle numbers...!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      I was quite pleased to see the new aisle numbers going up too. When I first started back in 2009, we had aisle numbers, then Corporate took them down. They wanted us to give "good customer service" by walking every customer to where the item they wanted was. However, they didn't give us enough payroll hours to have enough employees to do that!

I guess they figured out that aisle number signs were cheaper than employees. Now we've got to memorize the aisle numbers...!
      That's awesome that you had them, we never were allowed to. In fact, the only hint of locations were giant hanging signs, and I think we only had... Four? Which no one ever looked at, and were so general as to be useless.

I know it'll be a pain to memorize, but I went first thing and checked basic crafts. I think I'll write down a few more, like ribbon, fabric dye and markers, embroidery floss. Those are commonly asked for, and not as easy to find unlike some things. Notions and scissors are really easy because they are right next to the cutting table.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
      X