This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has It Worse?

As I type this, my only other CW for tonight has been on the same call for over four hours now. From what I can overhear, he's trying to help some luser figure out what's wrong with some program, and I'm not sure if he's trying to tutor her in using it or genuinely troubleshooting issues, or whatever, but it shows no signs of stopping at this point.

Meanwhile, I'm left to take every other call we get this evening, because he can't take them because he's still on that call. And so it goes, for over four hours now.

I don't know which of us has it worse.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Double post for an update.

It was more like three hours, not four, but it was still a long-ass call.

CW wasn't any happier about the fact that he was stuck having to tutor Luser in using a program that he himself wasn't familiar with, but she wouldn't let him just send it on to close support, because this was part of something that she needed to get done TONIGHT, and it's critical because it has to go up to Top Floor, where the High Muckety-Mucks work.

Especially galling was the fact that the application in question could easily do what the Luser wanted, but she absolutely insisted there had to be a way to do the same thing in any program with the press of a button. Around and around she and CW went before he finally told her to do it using the application he'd been helping her install and learn to use, as a workaround, before sending the ticket off.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Who had it worse? The CW. Even with you having to field all other calls, there were little breaks between the idiots and solvable problems. 3 hours with 1 blockhead, and not being able to pound a skull to a desk (idiot's skull, own skull, doesn't matter) does qualify for hazard pay, I'm thinking.

Comment

Agreed, he had it about 55% worse.

Some of your call might not have been unbearable. ALL of his call was.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
        X