This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take my business elsewhere!

My wife ran into this classic example getting lunch today.

So she's at the Subway. Now, a past experience she had was that when she gave all the subs she wanted to order at once at a different Subway, the girl behind the counter got snotty and said "I can't make them all at the same time, you've to order them one at a time!". So, my wife has done that since as she's not the kind who likes to make waves. She hasn't had a problem, until today.

So she's ordering. When she got to the Subway, it was empty. No one else except the folks working were there. So my wife starts to order, and after the employee is done with her sub and mine, my wife is about to order what she wants for our son when this guy comes right up to the counter and starts barking his order at the employee. My wife says, "Excuse me sir, but I wasn't finished." The guy gets all pissed and before anyone can say anything else shouts "Fine! I'll take my business elsewhere!" and stomps off. My wife apologized to the employee, but she acknowledged the guy was an ass. "It's not on you, it's on him, he's just used to people ordering all at once. Pfft, he can just go to the deli, they have sandwiches there too." (This one was in a Wal-Mart.)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The guy was a total ass either way.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

It might not be a bad idea to start the order with, "I've got a five sandwich order. Do you want them one at a time, or all at once?" That way, the person behind the counter can go at the speed they want.

But yeah, that other customer was an ass. There was no reason for him to flip his lid like that!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      It might not be a bad idea to start the order with, "I've got a five sandwich order. Do you want them one at a time, or all at once?" That way, the person behind the counter can go at the speed they want.
      yep when i worked at subway i could work on 3 at a time. but if you came in with a list i would ask you to go one at a time to keep it form being confused.

Comment

I've never gotten more than two (no kids). If I'm ever ordering for a larger group I'll keep XCashier's suggestion in mind. Also, yes, that guy was an ass. "You want to go elsewhere because you skipped the "waiting your turn" lesson in preschool? I think we can handle the loss."
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I hate that phrase! They think they're so special and important but to be honest no one would bat an eyelid if they never set foot in their shop again. Your wife seemed to have a lot of composure. I don't know if I could have been as calm as that. Depending on my mood, the arsehole customer might have run out screaming lol.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

But yeah, that other customer was an ass. There was no reason for him to flip his lid like that!
            That is a good suggestion. I have a family of 5, so my order is usually for 3-4 sandwiches. I always tell them I'd like to order X amount of sandwiches, then do them one at a time.

That other customer was definitely a jerk and there was no reason for him to act so rude and entitled over a freaking sandwich.

Comment

On the asshole customer -- that's when you wanna bust out with something like "We're the biggest fast food chain in the country. I think we'll get by without your business for one day." Oddly enough, corporations frown upon that sort of thing for some reason
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good luck finding a fast food place with no wait, ever. It's called "fast food" not "instant food."

We sometimes got lunch for the roofers, my mom would call the order in to Subway. Not sure if that's still okay to do, but it worked well at the time. This was for 6-10 sandwiches. They could make the sandwiches when they had time, and labeled them, which was great.

On a side note, I used to like their breakfast sandwiches, but then they changed the bun, so instead of round they are long. For a while they were on regular sub bread, now it's flat bread or something? And they did away with the sausage. Why does everything I like go away.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Is that to say you'll take your travelers checks to a competing resort?
                  Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    It's called "fast food" not "instant food."
                    In my experience it's called "fast food" because you have to eat it fast before it goes bad.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Good luck finding a fast food place with no wait, ever. It's called "fast food" not "instant food."
                      You know, I wonder if there isn't a place for an automat in today's world.

You want instant? Doesn't get any faster than 'already there'.

Almost like a high-end vending machine...
                      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

The customer should have waited until the sandwich maker greeted him and asked what he wanted to order

Comment

We sometimes got lunch for the roofers, my mom would call the order in to Subway. Not sure if that's still okay to do, but it worked well at the time. This was for 6-10 sandwiches. They could make the sandwiches when they had time, and labeled them, which was great.

On a side note, I used to like their breakfast sandwiches, but then they changed the bun, so instead of round they are long. For a while they were on regular sub bread, now it's flat bread or something? And they did away with the sausage. Why does everything I like go away.
                          Any of the Subways in my neck of the woods will take phone orders like that, especially if they are provided well in advance. When I was a Subway manager we did that, and would get everything ready to go for when the customer came in to pick them up, labels and everything, with sauces on the side so nothing went soggy.

I think how the breakfast sandwiches are handled depends on which location you go to. Sure, flatbread is a thing that you usually see on the ads for the breakfast sandwich but you could choose any other type of bread offered, including buns if you wanted. Heck, you could use the flatbread for any other of the sandwiches if you wished...I like the roast beef on flatbread I know for sure that having sausage available depends on the location - if it doesn't sell much it's not worth ordering in. I know my store didn't sell a lot of sausage, unfortunately, so one box would last us a couple of months.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                            I think how the breakfast sandwiches are handled depends on which location you go to. Sure, flatbread is a thing that you usually see on the ads for the breakfast sandwich but you could choose any other type of bread offered, including buns if you wanted.
                            Huh, I don't remember being given an option for bread for the breakfast sandwich last time. They just asked what kind of meat. Once, when I ordered a regular sub at that chain in Canada they put on cheese without asking. I just left it alone because I do like cheese, but I noticed she put the same cheese on everyone's sandwich without asking.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                            X