This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drama at the bank

I was sitting at one of the bank people's desk watching the line and there's this, admittedly attractive, blonde in a SHORT dress and boots.

A guy walks up to her and asks if she's in line... now there's people behind her so that's a dumb ass question to ask.

She flips the f@*k out. Starts yelling at him to stop hitting on her of course she's in line, can't he see the people behind her, she doesn't have to talk to him just cause she's wearing a dress and to GFO.

She repeats herself about 3 times getting louder each time, and he finally just leaves the branch.

Quoth Akasa View Post
    ... this, admittedly attractive, blonde in a SHORT dress and boots...
    Dresses like a honey and attracts flies...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I just have to ask....how far back was she standing from the people in front of her? I've seen people who stand so far back from the line that it's impossible to tell if they're actually in line or just standing there.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

She was at a reasonably close, but not too close distance.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
          She flips the f@*k out. Starts yelling at him to stop hitting on her of course she's in line, can't he see the people behind her, she doesn't have to talk to him just cause she's wearing a dress and to GFO.
          Seems like an overreaction, based on the description of what the guy did. I mean, if she had said "yes I'm in line" and he had still pestered her, that would maybe merited some kind of reaction. But it seems like he just asked a dumb question, we've all been there before, right?
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Seems like an overreaction, based on the description of what the guy did. I mean, if she had said "yes I'm in line" and he had still pestered her, that would maybe merited some kind of reaction. But it seems like he just asked a dumb question, we've all been there before, right?
            Or maybe she thinks that this was just a lead-up for all the shenanigans that she's experienced before, and she's having none of it this time.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Blondes get hit on more. People think blonde hair means lower standards, apparently. I'm actually a brunette now (natural color is a dark sand blonde, but was lighter when I was younger) because I wanted to be seen as professional. Doesn't excuse sucky behavior and total over-reactions though.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Dresses like a honey and attracts flies...
                Attracts flies, the flies lay eggs, maggots come out. The maggots are proof.
                "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
                  Attracts flies, the flies lay eggs, maggots come out. The maggots are proof.
                  Brain maggots dripping out of mouth, that is.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I think the bank customer overreacted but I also think the guy was trying to hit on her especially since it really seemed like a dumb question to ask giving the info you gave.

Personally I sometimes like to dress up to feel good or beautiful. I work hard at keeping myself in shape because I have PCOS and if any woman here knows what it's like to have that then you know how important and difficult it is to keep your weight down to maintain your health. Before I found out what was wrong with me I weighed 235lbs, now I'm 122lbs after getting my PCOS under control. (No surgery. Just diet, exercise and proper medication. Go Me!)

Anyways, I'm proud of the way I look now and yes, sometimes I dress kinda sexy. I don't mind people staring because I AM showing off my achievement of losing over 100lbs and keeping it off. Do people who stare at me know this? No. Do I take the time to explain it to them? No. Because the last time I check dressing sexy isn't an open invitation to hit on someone or ASSUME they're "asking for it" or they're just a slut.

When I weighed over 200lbs I use to think like that. That dressing sexy = slut and if I saw some girl getting harassed for the way she dressed then I use to think she deserved it. If she didn't want the attention then she shouldn't have dressed that way. End of story.

Now being on the other side of the fence I know that not every woman who dresses sexy is "asking for it". Just like someone who dresses in rip jeans and a old t-shirt doesn't make them poor. Not only am I proud to say I lost over 100lbs but I'm also proud that I no longer assume things about a person based on their looks.

Comment

Why in the world was she so extreme? Lol. But i have also seen people waiting in line almost a full zip code away from the person in front of them. Idk why people do that.

Comment

I see this all the time; girls have a guy ask them an innocuous question, or mention something like the weather and reply, "I have a boyfriend."
                        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

maybe she "overreacted" because she knew the guy and was tired of him bothering her.

Comment

Working...
                          X