This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming Problems

At the bank, the servers use the first three letters of a city. Thankfully, I used the letters TTV to identify servers in Titusville, FL.

Art has to change those servers. I don't know if he'll thank me or not.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

[whooshing noise]
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

What do the first three letters in Titusville spell?

Comment

ROFL! Ah fun with abbreviations.

Comment

Looks like you've run into an example of the "Scunthorpe Problem" - the difficult task of getting profanity filters to ignore swear words that are embedded in other, innocent words (such as the name of a place in England).
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Looks like you've run into an example of the "Scunthorpe Problem" - the difficult task of getting profanity filters to ignore swear words that are embedded in other, innocent words (such as the name of a place in England).
            That reminds me of a teenager who had trouble completing his Xbox Live profile because it had the word "gay" in it. He lived in Fort Gay, West Virginia.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Ah yes, the Clbuttic Mistake strikes again.
              Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
              They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Reminds me of a Dilbert comic... Poor Brenda Utthead.

Comment

Does Brenda watch clbuttic TV shows like The Jerk van Gay Show?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                    Reminds me of a Dilbert comic... Poor Brenda Utthead.
                    It would be even worse if she dated someone named Boris Evis.

Also, Cheezburger.com has this example.

Comment

I really do feel bad for people whose family names are now profane.

It could be worse, what if you had been born in the 1930s and given the name Adolf (with the last name Hitler, no relation ).
                      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        A.k.a. the "Clbuttic Problem", which leads to presidential buttbuttinations, an inability to read the Consbreastution of the United States, and may God help those of us who have to try to program in buttembly language...
                        Last edited by BPFH; 07-17-2015, 04:28 PM.
                        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                          I really do feel bad for people whose family names are now profane.
                          I used to go to school with a D Burke. Her parents originally wanted to call her Alison...
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I had a girl in my 6th grade class named Tara Highman...that's a terrible name to have around dirty-minded 6th grade boys
                            "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                            -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

My husband went to school with a kid whose last name was Eder, unfortunately his first name was Peter.

Comment

Working...
                              X