This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greek_jester View Post
    I used to go to school with a D Burke. Her parents originally wanted to call her Alison...
    Delta Burke the actress (IIRC, she was on Designing Women)? I can't see what would have gone wrong with the name "Alison Burke" - what's the problem?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Delta Burke the actress (IIRC, she was on Designing Women)? I can't see what would have gone wrong with the name "Alison Burke" - what's the problem?
      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=berk I think this explains it all right there.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Brit here, I have no idea who you're talking about. As KuariKaydrith's link states, it is yet another slang term calling someone a c@$t.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I went to high school with a girl whose last name was Dick.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Could be worse -- our UK members will appreciate this one -- The biggest home mortgage lender in the US has one of those interesting names: "Fannie Mae" ...

The word (normally spelled "fanny") doesn't have the nicest connotation over here in the States, either -- it just means "butt". Still nicer than the UK definition of the term
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              The word (normally spelled "fanny") doesn't have the nicest connotation over here in the States, either -- it just means "butt". Still nicer than the UK definition of the term
              Is it just me, or do a lot of our derogative descriptive slang words relate to the genitals of either gender?
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Images you don't want to visualize from the Simpsons #262

Agnes Skinner: 'Seymour,get me an ice pack.My fanny's red raw'
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

When I worked at Mart of Wal, I'd seen descriptions on receipts of items that made no sense.. unless your mind was in the gutter.

Oscar Mayer hot dogs would be shortened down to "odogs" for some idiot reason. Worse, the bun length version was shortened to "bunlegodogs." This was not set by the store, this was set by corporate. Yeah, that went over well with the customers. Frankly, I needed the chuckle.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

When I worked as a cashier at Christmas, I rang up a doll, the description came up as "Caucasian". I thought it was rather funny.

Comment

I still treasure my shopping receipt from my first ever trip to Gibraltar (the cashier's name was something like Paquita or Pakita which she had shortened down) so it tells me

Your cashier today was:Paki
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                      X