This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview!

I'm sitting here vibrating with excitement and anxiety...it's a wonderful mix but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody

Anyhow, a couple of days ago a coworker sent me a link to a job outside of where we currently work, and while I am not madly searching for a new job (but I *am* still looking when I have time or think about it) I decided to do the online application on a whim.

And got a call today for a brief phone interview, and scheduled an in-person interview for next week! The salary starts out at twice what I make now, and the benefits package is freakin' impressive! Not bad, considering I wasn't out pounding the pavement for a job lately.

So, my fingers are crossed and I hope that I don't bomb this interview!

Good luck!!!!

Comment

Thank you

I had the interview earlier today, and I think it went well but I have a strong suspicion that I will not get the job. Largely due to the fact that they do a credit check - I have bad credit that I have been trying to improve, but working a job where I get paid not much more than minimum wage makes that pretty much impossible.

I should hear back in a couple of weeks if I at least move onto the second round. But I'm not going to get my hopes up only to be let down. I hate that some jobs do credit checks...having bad credit does not mean I'm a bad person or a bad worker. It's more that I've been struggling to try to make ends meet for so long that something had to give...rent or phone bill? Food or cable? That sort of thing. And that is not even touching on my student loan debt :/

Comment

Good luck on the second interview. From now on, you might consider disclosing in advance that you don't have the best credit--surprises are more damning you understand.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I didn't mention that I wasn't thrilled with the credit check, just handed the paperwork over in one bundle at the end. If I'm meant to get the job, I will. Otherwise, I'll keep looking. If they ask me about the poor credit I'll remind them that a large chunk of it is due to student loans which they are already well aware of, thankfully. I forgot that some places will want to do a credit check, even though it is not really much of an indication about what sort of employee you'll be. Oh well, such is life.

Comment

Working...
          X