This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display

In my store we have items on display that have Bright Green stickers on them that say DISPLAY. Of course since people can not read anymore those stickers are useless, and it is up to us employees to read for them. Our display items are right above the boxes that contain the real items, but people will take, lets say a toaster, to the counter.

SC: Do you have any boxes for this toaster?

Me: Right under were you found your toaster there are toasters already in boxes.

SC: Yeah, but I want this toaster.

Me: Umm... The ones in the boxes are the exact same thing, but yu get the instruction manual and a cover for your toaster.

SC: Yeah but I would have to pay extra.

Me: *Trying to hold back a laugh* I'll get my manager to help you out with that.

My manager took her over to the toasters and opened a box for her to show her it was the same thing. Then explained how it is the same price.

Why you no listen to me when I tell people the same thing. I think there reasoning is that I'm just a lowly cashier and I dont no anything.

NEXT

A lady walks over to me asking about a santa display.

SC: Last year I bought a Santa for all my friends but I forgot about myself

Me: The santa is being used to display an item, its not fo sale.

SC: But last year I could buy it

Me: Sorry, but its holding items, and its not for sale yet. After the holidays it will go on sale you can buy it then.

SC: But I need it now!

Me: I really dont think I can do anything for you, it does not even have a price yet, but I'll see if my manager can help you out.

After my manager explains the same thing I did to her, he takes down her phone number and said he will call her when it goes on sale.
    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

I can only guess that they think you are the Cashier from the Dimension of Ultimate Evil, whose primary goal is to thwart their every wish, whilst if they can get past you to the Benevolent Manager, he/she can override your evilness and grant them what they want ...

Either that, or they're just idiots.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      I can only guess that they think you are the Cashier from the Dimension of Ultimate Evil, whose primary goal is to thwart their every wish, whilst if they can get past you to the Benevolent Manager, he/she can override your evilness and grant them what they want ...

Either that, or they're just idiots.
      I, personally, go with the second one.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

We'd have people wanting the holiday displays too, especially the Halloween ones. The mindset is that displays would surely be at least 50% off and why wouldn't we want their money? Um, maybe because it's still 3 weeks until the holiday and we still have a dozen of the same thing in stock for full price?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah, at the wholesale club, we would occasionally get people who wanted to buy the display model of something-or-other, either because A-- it would be therefore cheaper, B-- it would already be assembled, or C-- both.

We always told them that not all display items are available for sale, and even if they are, it's only when there's none left on the shelf.

But for the folks who wanted to buy the display of a patio set, how exactly do you plan on getting all six pieces (table, four chairs, lounge chair, and the optional umbrella) into your Civic?

No, we don't deliver.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            But for the folks who wanted to buy the display of a patio set, how exactly do you plan on getting all six pieces (table, four chairs, lounge chair, and the optional umbrella) into your Civic?
            We'll have Irv take this question. Seems like he's seen it happen way more often.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Me: Umm... The ones in the boxes are the exact same thing, but yu get the instruction manual and a cover for your toaster.

SC: Yeah but I would have to pay extra.
              Oh god, the stupid....plus, of course, the day after they got it home they'd call the store back griping that they never got the manual and the cover, and the store is terrible, and they should get a refund and keep the toaster for free, and yada yada yada.....
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
                Why you no listen to me when I tell people the same thing.

Made me think of this. Yep, selective hearing, a growing epidemic!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  How did you find out? Now what am I supposed to do with my life, maybe its time to move back to my own dimension.
                  You are safe once again fair customers, now you can have whatever your heart desires. You want the cashier to make you a sandwitch in a clothing store, it shall be done!
                  Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
                  - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
                  - Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
                    How did you find out? Now what am I supposed to do with my life, maybe its time to move back to my own dimension.
                    You are safe once again fair customers, now you can have whatever your heart desires. You want the cashier to make you a sandwitch in a clothing store, it shall be done!
                    A sandwitch! FOUL TRICKERY! You are attempting to seduce your way back into our realm with your evil, tempting minions!

YOU HEATHEN!
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                      A sandwitch! FOUL TRICKERY! You are attempting to seduce your way back into our realm with your evil, tempting minions!

YOU HEATHEN!
                      Typo! Redhead meant to type sandvich. Is very good for you! Help you crush cowards like sparrows egg, between thighs!
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Typo! Redhead meant to type sandvich. Is very good for you! Help you crush cowards like sparrows egg, between thighs!
                        Somehow, from that video you posted I ended up on this.

THE MAGIC OF YOUTUBE!
                        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                        X