Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, Froth at the Mouth More. It Doesn't Faze Me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Froth at the Mouth More. It Doesn't Faze Me.

Darnit, you guys. We're off to a great start, it looks like.

So, I have a side hobby of a website that lets users post reviews about a certain niche of websites. Its been around for years, and it's just kind of a little side project. I have a banner ad spot, but that's really about it. I mostly just check reviews, check website submissions, deny as necessary, and let people buy ads.

Anyways....enter Raging Dude. RD. Not to be confused with the awesome pony.

RD bought advertising on my site a few weeks ago, it's for a website that's....not very popular in this niche. I'm wondering why he placed it on my site, because it's not his target audience....but whatever. He doesn't say anything, doesn't complain.

Yesterday, he tried to submit his website to my database for people to start reviewing. Being that it doesn't fit the niche I allow...I denied it, politely.

He...was not so polite.

Within two minutes, he started flooding my inbox with ragemails, screaming that I was a scammer, a conniving witch, blah blah, eff me, all sorts of lovely niceties as you can imagine. He demanded his advertising money back, as my "website was s***". And then threatened to cause me even more trouble unless I added his website.

Um, no, you've had your ad up for weeks now, whether or not you've gotten the clickthrough you wanted, you STILL got exposure.

I decided to be polite though, and calmly explained how his website was not allowed to be added since it wasn't of the niche that I spotlight. I also explained that I allow any types of advertising though, and that the policy clearly states that no refunds will be given on ads.

His response was still very nasty, threatening to cause problems for my paypal if I didn't comply with his demands.

Ohhhh-kay, you've done it now. I promptly went into Seraph Battle Mode, and...I'll spare you the details. Suffice to say, I contacted several heavyhitters in RD's niche, who are good buddies of mine. They offered their help if I needed backup, but I told them my plan, and they got a good laugh out of it.

I got in touch with the company he's using to sell his product. They are EXTREMELY finicky about who they allow to use their system, and behavior like this is not tolerated. The emails I had of his, would DESTROY him. They'd drop him like a radioactive potato, and he would never be allowed back, nor at any of their affiliates.

I was armed, and ready.

Which made what happened next almost disappointing.

Not twenty minutes after I'd had my chat with the heavyhitters...I got an extremely apologetic email from RD, saying he should've paid more attention, and thanking me for my assistance.

.....I also got an IM from one of the heavyhitters of " "

Hm. Wonder what possibly could've happened?
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Heh. I can just about picture the heavyhitters standing behind RD as he typed out that email.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Heh. I can just about picture the heavyhitters standing behind RD as he typed out that email.

Precisely what I was thinking, Jay.

Mental Note: No pissing off the almighty Seraph.
      Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM. Reason: added mental note
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Yeah, honestly I wouldn't even dream of messing with the heavyhitters. Well, maybe one of them. But I've got some dirt on him.

I'm glad they had my back on this one, and RD should be glad too. He wouldn't have liked what I would've done to him, lol.

Comment

You know, Seraph, there's times that I wish I knew what nche you worked with.... Then my brain's sense of self-preservation kicks in and reminds me that I'm probably better off not knowing.

Don't you just love it when some moron is reminded that he's not the biggest fish in the pond?
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            You know, Seraph, there's times that I wish I knew what nche you worked with.... Then my brain's sense of self-preservation kicks in and reminds me that I'm probably better off not knowing.
            The best part is...you've probably seen it. And you've probably seen my work before. They just do a very, VERY good job at disguising the crazy under it all.

Comment

Mental note: Seraph owns the internet.

Comment

Quoth cono1717 View Post
                Mental note: Seraph owns the internet.
                Seraph is Al Gore??

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                  Seraph is Al Gore??
                  No, Al Gore just invented the Internet.

Seraph is Henry van Statten.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I think seraph is in good with the mafia of the internet as apposed to owning it. Should correct my mental note. That way the hits are clean and don't lead back. :-P

Comment

waiting to see how much crazy this kid brings to your smackdown.

got a feeling it's gonna be like brining a flimsy pocketknife to a gunfight.

Comment

Heh. Sounds like someone set the flamethrower on him!
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I like that, Cono. Seraph: Internet Mafia Donna. No haz pissing her off.
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

...Should I be vaguely offended, being that I'm half Italian? :rofl:

Comment

No, but all the future sc's now need to be extra worried. They might end up waking up next to a TFT monitor...

Comment

Working...
                              X