X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoyo

Me=
    WG= Wannabe Gangster

A guy and his buddy come up to my register with there saggy pants with underwear showing. They appeared to be maybe about 19 or 20.

Me: Hi, how are you today?

WG: YoYoYo, what up chicky

Me: *Struggling to get threw their transaction without laughing and also trying to get over the fact that they called me "chicky"*

WG and his friend leave. A little while later the two come back to the check out line with one of their mother's. I can see the are trying to get her to get her in a new line, but I have no line and the mom goes up to me with them in the background.

Me: Hi, how are you today

WG's Mom: Oh, just fine, how are you?
    WG and friend: *In week timid voice* hi

It sounded like they were a little embarrassed having to come back to my line with their mom.

The (Not So) Mini (Not So) Extra Special, Bonus Story

If a customer does not have their signature on the back of their credit card I have to ask for their ID (or if they have SEE ID on the back).

Normally a person will say "thank you for checking"
    OR
    they will ask why I needed ID, and once explaining it to them they are fine.

So today I ask a lady for her ID, and her comment to me:
    "Good Girl"
    The way she said it (tone of her voice) made me feel as though I was a dog and that I just did a trick for her.
    Although I did feel like a "Good Girl"
    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Did you give WG a slight, conspiratorial grin?

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      Did you give WG a slight, conspiratorial grin?
      Yes, Yes I did.
      Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
      - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
      - Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

Oh lord I HATE when people say "good girl!" I am NOT LASSIE!!!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
          ...feel as though I was a dog and that I just did a trick for her.
          Shoulda "marked" her leg.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Redhead17 View Post
            So today I ask a lady for her ID, and her comment to me:
            "Good Girl"
            The way she said it (tone of her voice) made me feel as though I was a dog and that I just did a trick for her.
            Although I did feel like a "Good Girl"
            You missed out on an excellent snappy comeback...

You could have responded with either ''WOOF'' or ''Do I get a milkbone''

Comment

Bugs me, too. My response to "Good Boy?" I just look at them and say, "woof."
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

If someone said "Good boy" to me, then I would reply by shouting, "I am a man!" and punching them.

Well, okay, I wouldn't, but I can dream, can't I?

Comment

For WG, I would have smiled and looked at him with Mom standing right there, and said something like... "What... no 'YoYoYo Hey Chicky' for me this time? I feel neglected now!"

Of course, you then run the risk that WG won't notice you are trying to embarrass the *bleep!* out of him and take this as a request for advances in the future.

Comment

I also bark when someone calls me a good girl.. it's habit now, and I do it without thinking.. thankfully it hasn't landed me in trouble yet!
                    "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

I have a coworker who will occasionally say "Good Boy" (I'm a girl) to me in the very tone people use with dogs, meaning "Good Boooooooyyyyyyyyy." He does it very rarely now because I've told him quite bluntly to stop, still bothers me and will get me to go to my boss, because I seriously don't appreciate it.

I do love how the wannabe gansta had to come through with his momma, that's so awesome. It would've been hard for me not to make some sort of, "What? I'm not a chicky anymore?" comment.
                      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

There used to be a lady working at a takeaway place I went to who'd call everyone "good boy" or "good girl" She tended to finish every sentence that way.

How are you good boy? What would you like today good boy? That's 5.95 good boy.

I always figured it was kind of like a verbal twitch or something. It was actually kind of nice and endearing.
                        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth the lawsmeister View Post
                          There used to be a lady working at a takeaway place I went to who'd call everyone "good boy" or "good girl" She tended to finish every sentence that way.

How are you good boy? What would you like today good boy? That's 5.95 good boy.

I always figured it was kind of like a verbal twitch or something. It was actually kind of nice and endearing.
                          wonder if she had a doggy day-care or something so she just got used to it...? I think it would bother me less if it was evident they did it to everyone without thinking.
                          Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
                          Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
                          -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
                          X