• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute internet orders...

Should not be allowed.

Two Nights ago.
    Time: 11:59 PM

Internet order pops on screen.

Cook makes said order.. other drivers takes order.

(I have already left with three other orders).

I get back and see that other driver has not returned. A few minutes later he gets back from his run only to inform us that one answered the door or the phone but that he saw someone look out a window.

Cook processes bad order, I take a sandwich home.

Last night.

Time 11:56.

Internet order pops up. I recognize the address as the place other driver went the night before. Point this out to cook who calls them and tells them that because of the previous nights shenanigans we can only process the order if they pre-pay with a card.

Cook hears snickering in the back ground while they tell him they do not have a card to pre-pay with.

A few minutes later they call back complaining again. Cook repeats what he already told them, he hears more snickering and hangs up without allowing customer to finish complaining.

Drivers thank Cook for being smart and not taking bullshit from stupid customers.

Quoth barainga View Post

Drivers thank Cook for being smart and not taking bullshit from pranksters.
    fixed that. probably either a pack of teenagers or a couple drunks. same lack of IQ either way

Comment

My favorite part is how they are snickering while being completely called out on the fact that they've been busted. As if they still had complete control of the prank and there was nothing the Cook could do, that food would be delivered and ignored again.

Also... how is this funny? O.o
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I ask the same thing about "pranks" these days, such as calling game stores asking for Battletoads, or while I was working other places picking up a phone only to have someone loudly play a YouTube poop video over the phone . . . which destroys any audio anyway so it's just noise.

I was a kid once, and even then I didn't find those pranks that funny. Switching items around in people's carts when they weren't looking (but not taking anything), yes, I can find that funny. This kinda thing . . .

So your idea of a prank is to put in an order you have no intention of collecting or paying for, when you know your data goes into a computer to process that order? Yeah, kids, this is the Internet era - we do have your data and we do have records.

Comment

Quoth Kereminde View Post
          I ask the same thing about "pranks" these days, such as calling game stores asking for Battletoads, or while I was working other places picking up a phone only to have someone loudly play a YouTube poop video over the phone . . . which destroys any audio anyway so it's just noise.
          This reminds me--don't drink while watching YouTube poop videos. I almost destroyed my computer just now.

Also, I loved Battletoads on SNES. Mostly because I could beat up my partner in two-player mode. Which generally is what ended up happening whenever I played that game with friends. No killing bad guys, just beating each other up.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            This reminds me--don't drink while watching YouTube poop videos. I almost destroyed my computer just now.
            You mean like the one with the hippopotamus.

Also, I loved Battletoads on SNES. Mostly because I could beat up my partner in two-player mode. Which generally is what ended up happening whenever I played that game with friends. No killing bad guys, just beating each other up.
            You said Battletoads, I read Bilestoad. The guys in my high school used to play that. I thought it was just plain ick.

Comment

It's douchenozzles like these who make life difficult for honest people. The more stuff like that happens, the more likely it'll be that places won't deliver without having pre-paid with a credit card because it's a waste of food, time and resources. *sigh*
              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

and let us not forget those takeaway/carryout orders that never get picked up.

You would be surprised at how many we carryout order get orphanded in our hotbox
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                X