This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world needs more humour.

So occasionally when I order pizza, I'll get the half-and-half that I like to call the ying-yang of pizza: vegetarian and meat lovers. Last time I got it, someone at Domino's wrote "LOLWAT" on the receipt. I like to think it brightened up an otherwise boring shift.

Does anyone else have silly, unexpected ways to put a little fun into the world?

I will, occasionally, ask a server to surprise me, either with drink or food.

My latest method involves beer and my indecisiveness. "Bring me any beer you want, as long as the word 'Heineken' is not on the label." A truly great server won't blink twice and will roll the dice.

And yes, I have had this randomness done to me.

I didn't blink twice.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Showcase Roulette. I've gone to the local multi-screen cinema and seen the very next thing on, no matter what it was.

I stopped playing this after seeing the Care Bear movie twice.

I answer the internal phones with the random names of our major customers. Claimed a couple of scalps.

Rapscallion

Comment

sometimes at work when my friend and I are on table we'll put TDS stickers on the boxed sandwiches and write "you just lost the game" we get a lot of amused comments back .. or if it's food for a cw we'll wrap it, tape that layer, wrap it again, then tape....etc.. puts everyone in a good mood

Comment

This is one I can't do anymore since Illinois instituted the stupid I-Pass system.

Anyway...

Whenever I had to pay a toll, I would pull up to a manned booth and tell the operator that the person behind me was my friend and it was his/her birthday, and that I'd like to pay his/her toll for him. Then I'd drive slowly and let that person catch up to me. When they did, I'd either wave like crazy or completely ignore them.
          Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            "Bring me any beer you want, as long as the word 'Heineken' is not on the label." A truly great server won't blink twice and will roll the dice.

And yes, I have had this randomness done to me.

I didn't blink twice.

I'm having visions of a bar with a Wheel of Beer. Pay the average price of all the beers on the wheel, have a spin, and drink whatever it lands on.

Comment

Working...
            X