This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two online store/facebook derps

So today is Cyber Monday, and to celebrate this momentous occasion that clearance swamp's online store is offering special deals on items purchased from the online store....

except some of the items pictured are not available online and the online prices aren't good in store.

This caused one would-be shopper to mention, via the swamp's facebook wall, that she gave up on what would've been about a $200 purchase because a jacket she wanted wasn't available online, and thus her purchase would not have qualified for free shipping.

Speaking of free shipping, another person suggested, also via our facebook wall, that we offer free shipping on all online store Cyber Monday purchases, even though we are most likely losing money on those items to begin with.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Yeah... I don't buy more online ... mostly because I don't have a card, but also because of shipping. 5 dollars for a 5 cent book, mostly shipping.
    And, there is something to brick stores... not much, but something
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Derp=a not particularly bright person/place/thing

Comment

As in "DERP"

EDIT: I'd've posted a pic or two, but the site was bein' a derp.
        Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 12-02-2010, 02:04 AM.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I first heard it from a friend a couple months back, and I just can't take anyone using it seriously.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's really more of a sound effect. XD

Comment

We're now running a special online-only promotion: The 12 Deals of Christmas. Each day a surprise item from our online store is put on sale one day only while supplies last.

People are making sure they're up at 3 in the morning waiting for the e-mail to come telling them what the special deal for the day will be. What can I say? The people who (still) love us swear by us.

Well, people are getting these e-mails at three in the morning, trying to add the item to their carts...and the item never gets added to their cart. Why dat?

As it turns out, when you try to put an item in your cart, and the online store doesn't do that, it means the item's out of stock. It doesn't pop up a window saying the item is out of stock.

It may surprise you to learn people aren't thrilled that we're putting items on sale in the online store and those items are selling out before they're told what the item on sale will be.

Comment

Working...
              X