This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Bernard Fox

TV, movie, and voice actor Bernard Fox has passed on, a victim of heart failure. He was known for roles including Bewitched, two different Titanic movies (including the 90's one), and The Mummy (90's). May he rest in peace.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-was-89-956294

IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0288882/

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

So I am beginning to lose track of the 2016 death count, it's feels like they are dropping like flies.

Comment

I loved his THE WILD WILD WEST and M*A*S*H episodes...

Comment

Wasn't he Colonel Crittendon (a regular visitor) on Hogan's Heroes?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie - Yes, he was.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A couple things I heard about the series a while back. One was that the actor who played LeBeau was the last survivor of the cast - I guess they were referring to the "everyday" cast, not including common guest stars (which would mean Major Hochsteader and General Burkhalter would be unknown status - although given the latter's age and build it would be safe to assume he's no longer with us).

Another bit of trivia is that most of the actors playing Germans were Jewish (Col. Klink definitely - and a clause in his contract was that Klink would not be shown as anything except a bumbling idiot).
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

General Burkhalter (Leon Askin) passed away June 3, 2005, and Major Hochstetter (Howard Caine) passed away December 28, 1993.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Another bit of trivia is that most of the actors playing Germans were Jewish (Col. Klink definitely - and a clause in his contract was that Klink would not be shown as anything except a bumbling idiot).
                IIRC Werner Klemper's contract didn't have that clause, but he deliberately played Col. Klink as a bumbler as he didn't want to glorify the Nazi's.

IIRC John Banner and Robert Clary both spent time in concentration camps as well...

It's odd like that. But during WWII this was the norm. Helmut Dantine was an Austrian who fled just after the Anschluss (Germany's takeover of Austria in 1938) with his family, only to play Nazi's during the war. And Martin Kosleck (an outspoken critic of the Nazi's) fled Germany just one step ahead of a Gestapo squad carrying a death warrant signed by Goebbels himself. He played Goebbels no fewer than five times, and when asked about it said it was good to be able to show the Nazi's for what they were...

Comment

Working...
                X