X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience, patience, is a virtue...

If you don't have it, I WILL hurt you!

Now that that's out of the way, time for my most recent SC encounter. Once again, this honestly isn't nearly as bad as certain SCs on the board, but still left me pissed off.

I've shared in earlier threads that because of my store's location, we get extremely busy during weekday lunches, but are dead on weekends. The main reason we're usually open is because corporate demands it; and as it is, we have about a fifth of our usual personnel on shift.

Naturally, we were busy yesterday. There were four employees including me in the store, and it was, as previously stated, far busier than usual. This meant that we had to ask several cars that came through the drive-through to park out front while we prepared their food so we could take other orders and money. After the food was ready, I would bring the food out with a smile and a "sorry for the wait;" virtually everyone was polite, thanked me, and everyone left happy.

Cue SC.

After a couple of minutes of waiting (her order involved us making a fresh chicken salad, which takes upwards of two, three minutes) she pulled through the drive-through again and demanded her money back...right as the salad was being bagged. I pointed out that the order was, in fact, ready now, apologized for the wait...and got a "No! Give me my money, now!" in reply. I managed to keep the smile plastered on my face while my manager refunded her order...but left me in a rather foul mood for the rest of the evening.

EDIT: And needless to say, the ditty from the thread title was repeated quite often. SCs and patience: the human equivalent of oil and water.
    Last edited by karath; 06-16-2008, 01:06 AM. Reason: Needed a solid conclusion :D
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

the human equivalent of oil and water.
    More like oil and a naked flame, even try and introduce the flame to the oil and it's going to go up in smoke.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

You poor thing. Have a cookie.

*hands over cookies*
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Cookies wooo! Thanks EQ!
        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
        --Unknown

Comment

Working...
        X