This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Kharma

I a currently working a golf course owned and run by my extended family. I drive the beverage cart several times a week. This incedent happened at hole 16 which is a dog leg (it bends in sort of an L shape). The cart path is on the inside of the bend. At the hole, there is a tree and the hole on one side of the path, and a pond on the other.
    I was parked at the hole and had just served the foursome there. They had just pulled away and I had started to move forward when a ball shot across the front of the cart with no warning, no call of "FORE". If I had been a few seconds faster, the ball would have hit the cart or even hit me. It wasn't a bad hit either because the ball was heading straight for the green.
    The instant kharma part-the ball hit the tree instead of me or the cart and bounce strait into the pond. That is what you get for nearly hitting me.
    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Instant Karma, just add water!
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      Instant Karma, just add water!
      Good one!
      Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Confused...

So um, if the path is on the inside of the dog leg, doesn't that put it right in the path of correctly-sent balls flying from the tee to the hole? I thought "FORE" was used for errant balls straying in a wrong direction as a result of a bad hit.

It sounds to me as if the ball went where it was supposed to, and you were in the way. Which is no slight against you, but a bloody stupid place to put the path you must use.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          I thought "FORE" was used for errant balls straying in a wrong direction as a result of a bad hit.
          No, it's used any time a ball may hit someone, errant or not.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            No, it's used any time a ball may hit someone, errant or not.
            "FOUR!"

*GIZZSSSSHHHHH

Judge Smails: Ooh! Ooh! Oww! (hopping up and down)

Al Czervik: I shoulda yelled "two!"

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X