Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question, and forgive me for allowing logic to intrude, but why didn't you just give her the trash bag YOU had on YOUR side of the counter instead of transferring the hose? Everything would have stayed dry....

Edited to add: sorry, hadn't seen the above response LOL I wasn't the first one to think of this.

It's ridiculous to assume she'd have made a stink about exchanging trash bags until the offer has at least been made.
    Last edited by tollbaby; 07-03-2008, 02:53 PM.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Maybe she thought the floor needed to be mopped.

Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth JamesTheWolf View Post

the imagery is priceless. her dumping out the bag and shaking it dry, carefully folding it up and carrying it out with her... then at home, she props it open with two chairs and uses a hairdryer to get out the excess moisture, then places it in the linen closet right next to the carefully dry-cleaned tissues and the bag of toenails she has been saving since birth.

but seriously, If I was in the line, I wouldn't have offered to help, I would have just done it. good to know there are still good people there.

(first post. yay)
        Ahahahah!

Oh, and I really was happy they offered to help, but I told them it was okay. I had to get a mop, and most of the time, even though it's very nice for people to try to help, most of the time they just make it worse by spreading the ouddle around more or get in the way without knowing. Besides, they didn't make the mess, and it wasn't their responsibility to clean it up, so I told them not to worry about it.

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
        Because seeing as she was bitchy enough to want the bag back, I would bet you dollars to donuts that she would have gotten snotty and repeated her request in a far more obnoxious manner to the offer of a "trade".

Sometimes when faced with idiots like this, it's just best to give them EXACTLY what they want and back away very slowly.
        Yes, I thought of asking her to trade. However, I didn't because of the exact reason you said, ebonyknight. Besides, my trash bag wa much thinner, clear, and not as big, so I knew if I asked, she'd just get irate anyway until I gave her back her trash bag.

Quoth Samaliel View Post
        The thing that baffles me is : don't they know how to empty a hose ? Yes, it's tedious and, depending on the length of the hose, it can take quite some time, but it is possible.
        This is a woman who was too cheap to part with a TRASH BAG and dumped said water in trash bag all over my floor for no reason. If she wasn't smart or had the patience enough to think "Hey, maybe I should walk the five steps to outside to dump this water in the grass instead of all over the floor?" then I doubt she was smart enough or had the patience to empty it at home.
        Last edited by Nakajo; 07-03-2008, 03:56 PM.
        "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
          It's ridiculous to assume she'd have made a stink about exchanging trash bags until the offer has at least been made.
          Yep, just as ridiculous to have assumed she would have wanted the trash bag back.

But she did.

Comment

Oooh. I would have so gotten fired if that happened to me. I would have let loose a string of profanities on her that would make any sailor blush. I probably would have even taken to follow her out to the parking lot just so I could continue to cuss her up one side and down the other.

Comment

WHAT. THE. HELL.

She should have had security give her a little talk about cleaning up her own mess.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I would have simply refused to give her her bag back because of the mess, end of story. I'm immune to customer whining about stupid issues, so I would have easily dismissed her complaints in favor of helping the next customer in line. My theory is that they eventually have to get tired of arguing with someone who doesn't care enough to react to them.
                The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Yeah....I woulda lost my job over that, not due to violence or profanity, but just by pointing out the obvious stupity of it all.
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                  X