This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a story I remembered recently

Haven't posted anything in a while, but I was just remembering something, thought I'd post it.

I was working a late shift on a Saturday night at the cinema, and at around 8 or 9 I went outside to get rid of some rubbish, throwing the bags into the bin, then compacting the stuff. As I walk out I see four guys walking across the staff car park, who have just come from an are of waste ground behind the place.

Where they came from, a bunch of people living out of vans/caravans were staying for a while, and causing al sorts of trouble, burning piles of nasty rubbish (which, when I was doing the projection shift a few days before , caused me to be almost unable to breathe due to noxious fumes and actual smoke entering the projection booth through the air conditioning, which was more than a little disconcerting) so I decided to lock up the compactor area quickly.

Now, I should explain, I've got long hair, have done for some time now, so seeing these four guys, twice my size walking across the carpark, I think "Here we go" and I was right to think so, because these four guys walked right up to me, getting in my face, and cracking nasty jokes about my having long hair, threatening me, my response was to ignore them, and walk back inside, pushing past one of them, I got in without any trouble.

So I'm back in, on the concession stand, cleaning out one of the popcorn warmers, when I notice my friends from a few minutes earlier coming in, I keep my head down and clean, watching them to see if they were causing any trouble, but they weren't, so I let their earlier actions slide, they got their tickets with no further action.

All good, or so I thought, I was working the late shift with a girl that had also worked there for a while. We were walking round, checking the screens, making sure there was no trouble, when we walk into the film these guys are in, hard to miss them, one of them is wearing a bright yellow workmans jacket with the reflective strips. They're shouting things to each other, even though they're sitting right next to each other, and drinking beer (this cinema was not licensed , so not allowed) So I go up, and ask them to quiet down a little, and say I'm going to have to keep hold of their beers until after their movie.

At this point the biggest guy gets up, and shouts "You can stick this F****** cinema up your A**, I'm never coming back here"

And they all get up to leave, so this girl and I follow them out, and they're half way across the foyer, they turn round, and start saying

"We're going to wait outside and cut all that hair off you."

They head for the wrong door, the locked door, the door with barriers in front of it, and I call out.

"The other door"

"We know" (obviously not) "We're going to be waiting for you outside"

"Yeah? And so will the police."

I called my manager, as this was the last showing for the night, asked her to call the police, and she did, they came in, took a statement from me, and looked around, couldn't see anyone, so off they went, and not 5 minutes later, the four guys walk past, looking in. Luckily I was getting a staff taxi, so the manager and her husband walked out with me when it came and nothing happened, although I did see four guys hanging around as the taxi took me away.

What the hell are they doing camping out there in the first place?
    Can the whole lot of them not be cited for tresspassing? Yikes.

Comment

People like this will eventually say the wrong thing to the wrong person and then be in the place they deserve: Intensive care or the grave. Its natural selection and it is a beautiful thing!
      For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
      http://atriumforum.com/
      Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X