This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing Your Nose In It or Time to Move On

So this evening I go through the drive thru at the KFC. I get my order home and notice my side of mac & cheese is not there. I head back to the store, mention it, get the problem corrected and I'm on my merry way. I'm happy. End of story.

Why then will some people keep bringing up past mistakes, especially mistakes that have already been corrected?

Had a lady call up the pizza place saying we forgot the extra onions on her pizza. Okay I made sure I put extra onions on her pizza. In fact I probably threw food costs out the window to make sure she got her extra onions. But every time she called she kept reminding us about us forgetting her extra onions.

Isn't that the whole point of trying to make things right? So people can move on?
    Seriously, we made a mistake, we corrected the mistake, what point is there in constantly rubbing our noses in it?
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

At a local Burger King, they will constantly mess up a order for us. But that is if we go through the drive thru
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

A one-time mistake? It happens. No biggie. It's only when a place repeatedly screws up my order that I get really firm and repetitive about what I want. The Taco Bell near my work keeps wanting to put sauce on my bean burritos, and I only get them plain about half the time. But they're the only Taco Bell near enough to visit on my lunch break...

I have decided that this is why online pizza ordering is brilliant. The pizza place gets a printout of exactly what you want. Every single time i've ordered from Dominos online, I've gotten my (rather weird) custom pizza exactly the way I want it. So yay for the internet.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
        I have decided that this is why online pizza ordering is brilliant. The pizza place gets a printout of exactly what you want. Every single time i've ordered from Dominos online, I've gotten my (rather weird) custom pizza exactly the way I want it. So yay for the internet.
        You make this pizza monkey very happy. What kills me is when someone will call to complain, saying that they placed their order online (something the computers on my end show too) and their pizza was still wrong. Then when asked what they received, they list off exactly what they ordered. *wallbang* Sooo very happy I'm just a driver now and don't have to handle customers all day every day. Pizza places get the worst of the rubbing-your-nose-in-it from customers, sometimes, as well as the infamous "every time I order from you something goes wrong..." Then go bother frelling Papa John's or something. I'm tired of you. And they have better pizza than we do anyway.

Comment

When I moved to this state, I didn't realize most pizza places call canadian bacon "ham". I'm slowly breaking myself of the habit of calling it canadian bacon, because I keep getting the little bits of crispy bacon instead, which I don't like on pizza. People up here just here the word "bacon" and assume it's the same thing. I'm one of those people who will clarify the order, but not so much as to rub your nose in it as to make sure I get the proper toppings.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            When I moved to this state, I didn't realize most pizza places call canadian bacon "ham". I'm slowly breaking myself of the habit of calling it canadian bacon, because I keep getting the little bits of crispy bacon instead, which I don't like on pizza. People up here just here the word "bacon" and assume it's the same thing. I'm one of those people who will clarify the order, but not so much as to rub your nose in it as to make sure I get the proper toppings.
            Now maybe it's because i live in BC but if someone said "Canadian Bacon" I would also assume that you meant Bacon. I really don't get where the whole Bacon=Ham thing is from.

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
              Seriously, we made a mistake, we corrected the mistake, what point is there in constantly rubbing our noses in it?
              So they can feel better about themselves, because obviously they're perfect and have never made a mistake ever
              And if they don't remind you of your failure you might strat thinking you are a worthwhile human being worthy of gasp, respect-can't have that now.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                Our store carries all three.

Canadian bacon: The round pre-sliced meat.
                Black Forrest ham: Which we slice deli style
                Breakfast bacon: That crispy stuff.
                I don't like your attitude!
                Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

My local McDonalds keeps getting things wrong; putting cheese on when I have specifically asked for it without, giving me a different sandwich (sweet chilli chicken instead of chicken salad), not giving me dressing for my salad, not giving me cutlery for my salad, not having salad (far too often), giving me fries when I wanted salad (can you see a theme), etc etc

I keep going back as for most things I prefer it to KFC (only alternative) and when the order is right it is nice enough but whenever I go in the managers usually spot me and get my order for me

Comment

Working...
                  X