This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Mis (2012 movie)

I looked but I didn't see another thread. Soooo.....

Is it Oscar Bait? Yup.
    Is the musical controversial? Yup.
    Are there some questionable choices? Possibly.

But my God.....hearing Anne Hathaway's voice as Fantine....it brought me to tears...

I can't wait for December.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

I saw the musical on Broadway in 1999 and was blown away by it. It's an amazing show, and I truly hope the movie does it justice.

Oh, and the original Valjean, Colm Wilkinson, will be in it, playing the Bishop of Digne. How cool is that?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've seen the trailer for the film.

She is awesome. Although the head-shaving bit, like every other head-shaving bit freaks me out .
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

For a second I thought she was Emmy Rossum from the 2004 'Phantom of the Opera.' I like her voice though. A very intense role for her. Can't go wrong with Hugh Jackman either.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

or Russell Crowe.

She also sang in Elle Enchanted. I am always amazed at the actors that can sing. Especially the guys. I need to find my Evita soundtrack.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

In the words of Cupid from Supernatural- Jiminy Christmas, thank you!!

I personally love the trailer. It gives me hope for the movie. But ever since the trailer debuted, I've seen so many complaints about it. They're always about two things: Anne's voice being too wheezy and the placement of the song (from what I understand, they moved it to a different spot in the show?).

What I love about this rendition is the fact that she actually sounds like she's in pain and like she kinda hates her life. It just feels more realistic somehow. Like you can practically feel her misery.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
              But ever since the trailer debuted, I've seen so many complaints about it. They're always about two things: Anne's voice being too wheezy
              IIRC, in the original book, Fantine suffered from a lung ailment, made worse when a jerk stuffs snow down her back. Between that and the fact that she's weeping during the song, it's hardly surprising that Fantine is "wheezy".

I wouldn't mind seeing them make a second trailer, perhaps with "Do You Hear The People Sing".
              My LiveJournal

Comment

I can't wait and I LOVE Anne and Hugh - I'm also thrilled that Amanda Seyfried is in it - She was fantastic in Mama Mia!!!
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Aw, I will have to see this. I never got to see the show on Broadway, which makes me sad. I did catch the 25th anniversary show on PBS recently.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

although i like hugh... i was kinda hoping they were going to cast Colm Wilkenson.

but i'm soooo going to see it when it comes out.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      although i like hugh... i was kinda hoping they were going to cast Colm Wilkenson.
                      Well, the man is 68, he's getting a wee bit long in the tooth to play someone who can lift a cart off of someone else...

He will be playing the Bishop of Digne, and from what I've heard, there are a few actors who played roles in various stage productions appearing in the movie.
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        He will be playing the Bishop of Digne, and from what I've heard, there are a few actors who played roles in various stage productions appearing in the movie.
                        I know that Hadley Fraser, Killian Donnelly, and Samantha Barks are all going to be in it (Donnelly as Combeferre, Barks as Eponine, and Fraser as...I'm not sure), but I don't know who else. The fact that Killian is in it, though, makes me happy. Now all we need is John Owen-Jones.

ETA: Apparently, Frances Ruffelle is also slated to be in the movie.
                        Last edited by firecat88; 06-22-2012, 02:44 AM.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

So a Semi-All-Star Reunion? (I say semi because there are many stars who have played in Les Mis and not all can be in the movie )
                          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Well, the man is 68, he's getting a wee bit long in the tooth to play someone who can lift a cart off of someone else...

hey don't mess with my audio fantasy! that's what special effects are for!

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                              So a Semi-All-Star Reunion? (I say semi because there are many stars who have played in Les Mis and not all can be in the movie )
                              Yeah, I would've liked to have seen Michael Ball in the movie, too.
                              My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                              X