X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Cast - Star Trek re-boot?

Tom Hiddleston as Data? H*ll Yeah!

http://www.themarysue.com/star-trek-tng-recast/2/
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I agree with most of it but I can't see Wanda Sykes as Guinan. Nope. Not her. Not ever.

Guinan was calm, measured, wise, and her voice was soft but firm. I just can't see Sykes acting that way. She's usually too over the top and loud.

Edit: I see a lot of comments for Felicia Day as Dr. Crusher. As much as I like her as an actress I don't think I could recommend her. She's too much like Allyson Hannigan - that innocent yet not so innocent kind of character and person. Crusher was mature, serious, and analytical (is that a word?). Felicia Day has a quirkiness about her that just wouldn't fit.

Robb Stark as Rikker - I can see that, he does have an authority about him as well as can be very impressive to look at. He's someone who demands respect when they walk in the room.

Julia Stiles (Nicolette from Bourne, Lumen from Dexter) - I can see her as Tasha Yar. She's tough, strong, and focused.
    Last edited by draggar; 06-21-2012, 08:48 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Sadly my first though when I saw the thread title was, "Why are they making a Star Trek game for the Dream Cast?" and then I realized how incredible old that system is now by comparison to the newer stuff

I like a lot of the picks but I think Barrowman as Q is the best suggestion ever. If they couldn't get anyone else on the list they would have to at least get him.

I agree with Draggar about Wanda Sykes and Felicia Day though.

Comment

Sykes = Guinan? Absolutely not. For pretty much the reasons stated.

Barrowman = Q? Me likey. Naamah, when I mentioned this on IM, protested vigorously, as "Barrowman doesn't have the cruelty in him to play Q." FTR, she suggested Hiddleston as Q and Barrowman as Riker.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Sykes = Guinan? Absolutely not. For pretty much the reasons stated.

Barrowman = Q? Me likey. Naamah, when I mentioned this on IM, protested vigorously, as "Barrowman doesn't have the cruelty in him to play Q." FTR, she suggested Hiddleston as Q and Barrowman as Riker.
          Ohhh, yeah Hiddleston would be a great Q. But I want him to be Data too! I just don't think you can fill Patrick Stewart's shoes either.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Why do we need a reboot of TNG? How about an all new Star Trek with an all new USS Enterprise and an all new crew. Hell bring in Patrick Steward or Brent Spiner to give them a send off like Deforest Kelley in Encounter at Farpoint.

Comment

Fun bit of fantasy casting.

I can't see Julia Stiles as Yar. I like Stiles but Yar needs to be more... well, physically impressive. Someone who looks like a warrior. I'd pick Gina Carano (I loved "Haywire"!).

Guinan? I don't see Sykes being able to pull off the 'wisdom of the ages' that Whoopi was able to convey. If we're sticking with an African-American actress in this role, I'd pick S. Epatha Merkerson, who was Lt. Van Buren on "Law and Order".
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I personally think Samuel L. Jackson would make an excellent Picard. He's really the only logical choice.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                  Fun bit of fantasy casting.

I can't see Julia Stiles as Yar. I like Stiles but Yar needs to be more... well, physically impressive. Someone who looks like a warrior. I'd pick Gina Carano (I loved "Haywire"!).

If race isn't an issue why not Gena Torres (Zoe from Firefly) as Yar?
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    Guinan? I don't see Sykes being able to pull off the 'wisdom of the ages' that Whoopi was able to convey. If we're sticking with an African-American actress in this role, I'd pick S. Epatha Merkerson, who was Lt. Van Buren on "Law and Order".
                    If we're going for a "wise-looking black woman" for Guinan, then why not CCH Pounder?
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Derek Jacobi as the captain; Brian Blessed as Security Dude.

Brian Blessed would be awsome at that part.

(Just watched him in I, Claudius -- that series was *35* years ago. My how time flies.)

Comment

nononononononono

just....no

no recasting of TNG, it's a sacrilege. I like the starting over with a new crew idea.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                          If race isn't an issue why not Gena Torres (Zoe from Firefly) as Yar?
                          Good choice! (but I don't recall race being an issue for Yar.)

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          If we're going for a "wise-looking black woman" for Guinan, then why not CCH Pounder?
                          I'm not as familiar with CCH Pounder's work, so her name didn't spring to my mind. I do remember liking S. Epatha Merkerson in "Law and Order", and felt that she would have a good mix of seriousness and humour that the role would require (not as good as Whoopi, though... it's really difficult to picture anyone else in that role).

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by mentioning race. I was just trying to keep with who had been in the role before.
                          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

CCH Pounder is currently Mrs Fredrics in Warehouse 13.

Past Roles include:
                            Carolyn Maddox in Law and Order SVU
                            Captain Williams on The Shield
                            Neytiri's Mother in Avatar
                            Dr Hicks on ER

She is also the voice for Amanda Waller in many of the DC cartoons/video games

Comment

As weird as it may sound, I would pick Halle Berry for a new Guinan. She can play angry or soft-spoken with equal skill, plus she has a great voice for the role.

Comment

Working...
                              X