Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know it's bad when I recognize you because you're a problem...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know it's bad when I recognize you because you're a problem...

So she comes in and immediately goes to service desk, asking for the front-end boss. I recognize her as having been a problem and/or rude in the past, as in I know she's a problem often. I just can't recall what she's done in the past. Supervisor deals with her and ends up calling the MOD--bad news.

It turns out she ordered something from our online store which is in reality a separate entity from our company. Now, if you have our credit card you automatically get free shipping, but supervisor tells me she doesn't want the card. OK, well you can get free shipping if you spend $50. She was 4 cents short of the $50 so she wanted us to refund her the shipping. Out of the store's money. Even if we wanted to, there's no way at all to do that without shorting the cash. She was told no, despite the fact that she dared them not to "make this hard for her."

There was also something about her wanting to buy another item so the shipping would be free. I guess she thought if her 2 orders equaled the $50 we would refund the shipping? idk What I do know is all of this was over a $4 shipping charge. Yeah, that's not a big amount, but it's the principle of the thing. And the principle is why she was denied, probably because the MOD in question is also our AP guy. I talked to him about it, telling him how she's a regular problem and he said, "I didn't know that at first, but I learned!" No wonder she asked for the other manager; she's often a pushover.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I'm always amazed by the amount of effort people will put into trying to get something they're not entitled to. Especially when it's a small amount! She probably wasted more than $4 worth of gas driving to the store to try to get the $4 worth of free shipping!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      I'm always amazed by the amount of effort people will put into trying to get something they're not entitled to. Especially when it's a small amount! She probably wasted more than $4 worth of gas driving to the store to try to get the $4 worth of free shipping!
      It's the principle of the thing!
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        She probably wasted more than $4 worth of gas driving to the store to try to get the $4 worth of free shipping!
        Not to mention the waste of time...

Some people are just too cheap to be allowed out into public...

Comment

When I order something online, I'm always routed to the checkout screen that shows how much I'm paying for my order and how much shipping will be.

I tend to do something crazy then, I actually look at the numbers and decide which shipping option to use or if that I really want to pay 3 bucks shipping on a 5 dollar item. I know, I know, its just nutz to actually read that screen when I have the option of going to a brick and mortar store with the same name to demand my money back.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            It's the principle of the thing!
            The people who always talk about "the principle" generally don't have any themselves.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              The people who always talk about "the principle" generally don't have any themselves.

And hellooooo new sig.

Comment

Working...
              X