Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wherein a non-guest tries (and fails) to get free tubing...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherein a non-guest tries (and fails) to get free tubing...

we reopened tubing after all the flooding. yay. had a woman go down the river today... i was in the office when she got back from the river... but i didn't directly talk to her, i just overheard the (loud) conversation. basically what happened was she went down the river, stopped and hung out near the end, but not AT the end... apparently where she could see the pickup point, but where she couldn't easily be seen unless someone walked all the way down to the water. driver knows the river is taking approximately 50 minutes currently... so swings by the pick up point at around the right time... doesn't see the group in question waiting for pickup, so he picks up the people who ARE waiting where they're supposed to... comes back a bit later to check the pickup point, same story. meanwhile, this woman is floating on the river still, getting mad and calling the office. we are ZOMGWTFBBQCRAZYBUSY and unable to pick up the phones, so we never get her series of increasingly irate messages (we got her once, at around 1/2 hour "waiting". we sent the driver down...but of course he didn't see her "waiting" *shrug* he probably picked up someone else who was actually waiting in the right place)

finally either the woman decides to exit the water OR the driver starts actually SEARCHING for them (not sure, i missed that detail of the convo) because he knows he has people on the water, and they've been gone too long now...driver finds them and picks them all up. gives them water to drink (it was frign HOT today). so then comes the part i overhear: the woman ranting and raving about how she waited for an hour and a half in the horrible heat and sun and blah blah blah and she was considering calling a cab to get back, and she wanted her money back because it was such a horrible experience. we call the (awesome) boss. he finds out from the driver before going to the office to talk to her that yes he did indeed go to the pick up at LEAST 2-3 times during the period of time she was "waiting". he asked her about it, when she explained how she was "waiting". he basically told her "how are we supposed to know you're waiting if we can't see you." (paraphrased) and she was like "what? i'm not allowed to stop on the river?"

the real answer to that question is "yes, you can stop along the river, but please let us know ahead of time you're planning on doing so, so we know when to expect you and when to start searching for you. it's annoying, inconvenient, and embarrassing to break out a search party because you had a pack of tubers decide to stop and have a picnic (it's happened...) unfortunately she was being such a loud snotty brat the boss was just like "no". she said "this is bulls***" and stormed out... without her refund.

and she wasn't even a guest. no bad reviews for us. yay.

Quoth katzklaw View Post
    ... in the horrible heat ... a pack of tubers ...
    So... A baked potato-head?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Was she even entitled to a refund in the first place?

I agree, it's not YOUR fault she didn't keep her planned schedule.

Comment

Why, because she said so, of course We can't REALLY expect her to follow the common-sense rules like those...those other patrons, now can we...?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          Was she even entitled to a refund in the first place?

I agree, it's not YOUR fault she didn't keep her planned schedule.
          we have issued refunds the few times drivers have missed or forgotten groups and they legitimately waited landed at the pickup spot for an extended period of time... but like the boss said, if we can't see you, how do we know you're waiting.

we HAVE had people decide to stop and take picnics, or miss their stop and end up in town, or even in one case a guy with Alzheimer's who got separated from his group stopped before the end point, got out of the river, and went for a stroll in the woods with his tube. we end up needing to actually SEARCH for people on average 1-3 times per year... give or take. if this woman and her party had lingered any longer on the river we probably would have started searching... and in this case it was her own fault for not actually getting out of the river to where the driver could see she was done.

Comment

Working...
          X