This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cousin's insane down in Africa

I had a call that could only make go WTF.

Phone rings, opening spiel
    Hi, can you connect me with my cousin?
    Sure, what's your cousin's name?
    My cousin from Ethiopia.
    I don't know anyone from Ethiopia. Who's your cousin? (thinking: And who the hell are you?)
    Elizabeth (Finally, a name!)
    What's Elizabeth's last name?
    Elizabeth from Ethiopia. (Yeah, I gathered that much already)
    Sorry, but I don't see anyone listed with the first name of Elizabeth.
    *click*
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Prank caller? Scammer? Not sure what the point of this was...

Comment

Wrong number, I'm guessing, but who knows.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        Wrong number, I'm guessing, but who knows.
        That was my first guess too actually.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I agree with wrong number.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do to find what's wrong with that person.

Comment

Quoth SmivMoc View Post
              There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do to find what's wrong with that person.
              Scrolled down to see if someone would get the reference, was not disappointed.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Size

Could be someone who does not understand the size of the country called.

My dad told that he once got a call from an aunt in Jamaica telling him to drop on his bike and visit his cousin in Montreal, dad lived in Toronto (600 kilometers away).

Why the silly mistake, his aunt looked at a map of Jamaica, then looked at a map of Canada - both took up a full page of paper. Without looking at the scale she assume the distance to travel was very short.

Comment

Working...
                X