Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a double-edged sword. How often have we hard SC's say, "There should be a sign!" and yet those same SC's refuse to acknowledge those same signs.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Next time the state should text recipients. They must have a phone number on file. Start the text with FREE!!!....notice: (here fill in the message. Keep it short.)
      Such a notice would likely be interpreted as "All your groceries will be free if you go shopping during this time period".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
        I think there are three categories:

1) Those who can read, but refuse to. That's aliteracy, and is a form of wilful ignorance.
        Also, the people who can read and do read the sign but flat out refuse to believe it applies to them.

So, when reading and hearing that the EBT system is down, they say "but I drove all the way from Far Away!" or "but I have kids, I need this food!" or "can't you take my information and charge it when the system comes up?" Since they are the most important person in the world, and if they keep trying long enough suddenly the employee will say "oh, hey! That will work, that's a great idea!" I mean, it's probably worked for them at other stores when they argue over discounts or something, and the manager just wants to get them out of the store. Customers are trained to believe if they are persistent enough they will get their way, signs are for idiots who don't the magic word.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
        X