Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I needed one of your stories today. Thank you.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Delays, always delays...
      Spellcheck strikes again? (dalesys, always dalesys...)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Spellcheck strikes again? (dalesys, always dalesys...)
        That was actually one of Marvin's quotes...

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Well, I guess it's time for the company's Martian Death Ray Lawyer to earn his money, but I don't think he'll exactly be breaking a sweat to do it.

NEXT!!!
          I remember a debate about tort reform. One of the proposals was to have the ability to sue lawyers for filing frivolous lawsuits. One reason against that proposal was that lawyers would have to consider if the lawsuit had merit.

A lawyer would have to give careful consideration filing lawsuit is a DOWNSIDE?
          Last edited by EricKei; 07-26-2016, 12:57 PM. Reason: snip
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
            ... I do wish I could write like Argabarga.
            Oh shelled one, we all wish we could write like Argabarga!! (Well, we do have a number of people here who are also on his level, but it's true for most of us.)
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Might this even be a setup - his belt broke, and he had a couple buddies push the car into the lot, hoping to blame the problem on the towing company?
              I'm a bit cynical, I started thinking that as soon as he started blaming the company. But to be fair, I also think all of our customers are lying and trying to cheat us.
              The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

(dalesys, always dalesys...)
                No, no, we have that one in reserve for something else. The sort of thing that could result in liability if we're not careful. Hope we never need to use it.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X