Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I think I've seen the stupidest thing ever, someone here tells a story that tells me that my expectations for humanity are too high.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Say hello to TWO YEARS prison sentence at the SCI up the road.... dumbass.
      Now that is some serious weapon-grade stupidity there! And anyone care to bet he doesn't understand how this happened and that it's "NOT FAIR!"

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        He was serving an 8 month sentence at the county lockup for something kinda serious but no so serious he had to do state time at the SCI up the road.
        Was it a lesser example of the same sort of stupidity that earned him that 2-year sentence?

Comment

If my banker's watching, let nothing STOP you from PAYMENT of this check.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Irv, I will always you.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
              Stupid and Court don't mix, but when they try, it provides a lot of entertainment.
              I had to go to traffic court last fall, and observed quite a bit of it. It's amazing how many people got tickets for no proof of insurance, and could have gotten out of it by showing up in court with proof of insurance, but somehow just couldn't be arsed...

My favorite had to be the guy who had multiple infractions, and an offer from the cop to reduce it all to obstructing traffic. Sounds like a good deal, right? He turned it down. The judge listened to him make his case, then promptly found him "guilty" (not quite the right word, since most things you can get a traffic ticket for here aren't technically crimes) on all but one minor item (which was dismissed, IIRC).

Incidentally, the judge could make a good living doing TV commercial disclaimer voiceovers if she ever decides she doesn't want to be a judge anymore - she was talking that fast.
              "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth BPFH View Post
                My favorite had to be the guy who had multiple infractions, and an offer from the cop to reduce it all to obstructing traffic. Sounds like a good deal, right? He turned it down.

Quoth BPFH View Post
                The judge listened to him make his case, then promptly found him "guilty" (not quite the right word, since most things you can get a traffic ticket for here aren't technically crimes) on all but one minor item (which was dismissed, IIRC).
                I believe the term is "responsible".
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                X