This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
    I've had several dreams about college....does that count? I can't count how many times I have woke up thinking, "Holy shit! I'm late for class!" or, "Oh shit, I forgot to turn in an important paper!"

Then I realized I've been out of undergrad for over two years and all the shit that's due for school now usually is not due for a few months or I already turned it in. Hell if I know why I do this.
    My school dreams are always (1) it's finals, and I realize there's a class I completely had forgotten to even attend all quarter, or (2) something got messed up in my records, and I have to go repeat high school.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      Something got messed up in my records, and I have to go repeat high school.
      Yep, I get that dream constantly too.
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I've been dreaming of work too much lately because I need a vacation.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I also occasionally dream of work. Usually it's a nightmare where my worst fears come true.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I still occasionally dream of the job I had at the call center, which I quit over 2 1/2 years ago. I used to dream about it ALL THE TIME right after I quit but it's less frequent these days. But I still dream about it sometimes, which is strange to me since it's been so long since I've worked there. I just had a dream about it a few days ago, actually. Usually it's an unpleasant dream, where my husband and I are (or just I am) forced to move back to Wisconsin and I need to go back to work at the call center while living with my parents. Which is pretty much the opposite of what I'd ever want to happen and I guess I have some unconscious fear that someday, it will happen. I am always so, so glad when I wake up from those dreams.

Comment

The dreams I remember are generally of the "holy crap, I'm late!" variety....I even jumped out of bed one time and was headed for the shower before I realized I didn't have to be at work for nearly 6 hours.
              I don't actually remember this dream, but I apparently woke my husband up one night telling him to drop fries

Comment

I've never dreamed about work.

I have had dreams about school, but never about any school I'd ever actually attended. Usually I'd be forgetting my locker combo, having problems finding my classes, stuff like that. Though I did have one dream where the dream went on long enough for me to sit through an entire class, and yet I never did figure out what the class was for.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thats only happened to me once when I was working as an internet tech. I was having horrific nightmares that I was being tortured every time I walked in the door. Hasn't happened anywhere else. Yet.

Comment

And last night I dreamed I worked with a guy who had just the worst BO. Worse than Numbnuts, even.

It was just because he never washed his clothes, which he wore stains and all. In a non climate-controlled backroom, where you're often doing sweaty, physically-intense bullwork.

And of course it has to be one of the most intense dreams I've ever had in the olfactory department. I literally couldn't be polite about it. I'd either run away when I saw him coming or throw up in my mouth or hold my breath or something.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

back when i was still working at Sonic Drive-In, i'd routinely have nightmares that the fries were done, and i would go to pull em up, and the fryer basket was stuck in the oil and i couldn't move it, and the buzzer wouldn't stop going off.

Comment

Had a work dream just the other night. I was running the cash register at the fabric store when an older couple walked out the door with both a folded large cut of fleece and the original bolt, without paying. I had no customers at the time, so I ran out the door after them and was shortly joined by a coworker and assistant manager. The couple insisted that they'd paid for both bolt and cut, but could not produce a receipt, and I said they'd walked right past me without paying.

We herded them back into the store, and demanded that they pay. I demanded the merchandise, put the bolt on the back counter and the cut in front of me. Other customers started chewing us out, saying we were mistreating these "poor old people". That soon stopped when I opened up the cut of fleece and discovered half the notions aisle hidden in the folds!!!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've had several dreams involving the c-store. Usually, though, it's not the actual store I work in, but some odd, made-up store that in my dream is the c-store. When we first got the registers we had now, we were told we had until 11:15 PM to be signed off of them every night. This apparently caused me a great deal of stress, because I'd go home and have absolute nightmares. In them, the customers kept coming in and coming in, and I couldn't lock the doors, or if I did, they'd come back unlocked, and so I couldn't sign off the register. In a few dreams, I was stuck at the store until my manager came in, because I couldn't keep the people from coming in so I could sign off and go home! In another dream, we were robbed...in that dream it was a 'different" store, but I knew it was C-store. Another dream I recall is of truck day, which I almost always help out on. I dreamed that I watched a stack of boxes fall over onto the truck driver--and we love this particular driver, too, so it was an OMG NO moment. I've also had coworkers current and former pop up in random dreams that have nothing to do with work at all. It's amazing what we dream about sometimes!

ETA: I also dreamed about Adam Lambert being a friend/coworker once, and in the same dream, Marilyn Manson was a customer, and a disgruntled one at that. Yeah...My dreams are WEIRD!
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I've had actual nightmares about work. In one I turned up to find the regional manager was sacking us all for no reason and replacing us with some bimbos and the manager was shouting at me, so I basically told her to fuck herself and walked out. Doesn't very scary but it was a distressing dream.

In another a non-existant manager was covering and insulted me and ran over me with a euro-tub so I punched her in the face and quit O.O

Comment

I have dreams from time to time about work. and believe it or not they are pleasent:

I get ALL my work done WITHOUT being bugged
                              I get a HEFTY raise
                              I tell other people they have to do their own jobs and not get in trouble for it

then i wake up realizing it was just a dream
                              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Waking up at three am and finding yourself shouting, "X you treacherous bastard," at the uncaring ceiling - that count?

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X