This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone noticed how management/job suck

has gotten worse since the economy crashed?

Seriously, it seems like everyone who works in any way with the public is getting treated worse than ever. And not just by customers (which is to be expected), but by management and owners that are now getting away with murder (figuratively of course) at jobs. I don't think I've ever seen so many complaints about management/owners.

Human nature being what it is, it would certainly make sense that management and the general job experience would be suckier in a recessed job market, since the companies hold all the cards...in most cases, they can either fire someone they don't like without much (if any) cause and quickly find a replacement, and failing that, they can make your work day a living hell.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Yes. The mismanagement knows that they've got their workforce helpless and entirely at their mercy. We've known that for the last two years.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Seem thats the thing. People seem to hate unions, but this kind of treatment is why unions exist.

I can say one thing... the hotel workers in NOLA NEED a union. Not to make extremely high amounts, but to ensure they don't get abused by the owners/management, and make a passable wage for all the abuse they suffer.

Comment

Exactly. If there had been a union here when my former supervisor was stealing thousands of dollars in commission from the rest of us and the manager wasn't doing anything about it no matter how much we complained, something would have been done.

Thats why unions are needed. People need a fair wage, not to be overpaid.

Comment

Remember the saying we have here?

What is we can discuss here on CS.

What should be we can discuss over at Fratching.

That being said, this thread is now closed.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X