This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
    A friend of mine works in a five-star hotel on Guernsey, and their posh restaurant has a menu choice where you tell the chef what you don't like or are allergic to, and he makes you a surprise seven-course meal based on whatever he feels like at the time. And it's only about £45 IIRC. My friend has insider knowledge on the chef and tells me he likes using a lot of venison...
    *drool* And at £45 it's a steal, esp. in a posh restaurant! I've never been to Guernsey, but I heard it's a nice place for a vacation... it's now on my possible vacation places list!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
      A friend of mine works in a five-star hotel on Guernsey, and their posh restaurant has a menu choice where you tell the chef what you don't like or are allergic to, and he makes you a surprise seven-course meal based on whatever he feels like at the time. And it's only about £45 IIRC. My friend has insider knowledge on the chef and tells me he likes using a lot of venison...
      That's it. I need to win a big PowerBall so that I can move to the UK....
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The subway down the street from work used to have a worker that would do that.
        Some days I'd know exactly what I'd want going in, other days I really didn't care so long as it was edible.

W: Sakka, what can I get you?
        M: *takes a couple moments to peruse the menu* Surprise me?
        W:

We'd make small talk while my sub was being made. One lousy day, I asked for lots of hot peppers (a pick me up on bad days). Couple questions from the worker about the day so far, and I ended up getting the whole jalepeno and approx 1/3 of the banana pepper containers dumped onto my sandwich, it looked like I had a little bit of sandwich with the hot peppers.

Was very tasty and afterwards I was in a much better mood at work for the continued of that day.
        Unfortunately, a couple months later the subway changed ownership and the new owner fired or creatively dismissed all the current workers so his relatives could work instead.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
          You can chose one meat or we have various combinations of most of the meat.. Or you can get the Shut Up and Eat It."

They ask me what that is and I tell them:

"Whatever I feel like making you."
          Do you get people who won't get off their cellphones long enough to order, and wind up holding up the line? If so, that would be a good sandwich for them.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

For a long time I've wanted to open up a place called "Shut the F**k Up and Eat It." A ten dollar cover gets you in the door. A set menu will be given, order from it, no substitutions will be accepted. If a customer complains, they will be taken outside and asked to read aloud what the sign says and accept that. Then if they want back in, it's another 10 dollar cover.

There'd probably be a warning sign outside to the effect of "If you have a food allergy, or special restriction diet, this place it probably not for you."

Comment

Working...
            X