This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Register tales

A put me on a register (in the middle of a rush) that someone hadn't signed off of yet. It is possible to clear it on the register, but if the podium is trying to do the same thing...

Customer actually reaches over and swipes their paper across the scanner themselves, before I even got myself situated (and realize that I need to clear an existing sign-on). BEEP. Not happy. SM tells me how to clear a sign-on; I know A heard him, but she's trying to do the same thing from the podium--the register doesn't know which input it should be listening to, so rolls over with its keypad in the air and has to be rebooted. Somehow this is my fault (yeah, to the extent of these registers die if you look at them crooked).

------------------------

A customer with a self-scan gun waves their store card over the scanner before I can tell them to scan the "SCAN-IT SCAN HERE BEFORE SCANNING YOUR CARD" barcode with the gun first. Customer card inputs before the scan gun, which the register isn't happy about either. Bagger N waves A over, and before he can tell her to let me see how she clears it she does it (with a "that's not how we do scan-it orders"....if you bothered to listen to me I didn't scan the card!). I get taken off register after that.

-----------------------------

I'm wandering the front after A takes me off register, and a woman barks "milk of magnesia!" with a heavy accent. It takes me a split-second to process what she said and think of where the item is; I'm not that familiar with the non-grocery side of the store. Before I can answer she shoots off "I should ask someone else, you're just a bagger". D at the service desk is glaring daggers at her.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

What is with your customers? It's your job to scan stuff, not theirs. I hate when people don't let me do my job.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Easy. It's called:

But I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttt tttttt it!
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

What's with the customers, and what's with half of management?

Today, A got in a snit because according to her I hadn't taken my 15-minute break (which isn't mandated and half the time I don't need if I'm only on for four hours). I signed off at 11:25 and came back at 11:40...I'm in the middle of a transaction and I hear "You didn't take your break!" She's not going to let me not take a(nother) break so I do so I come back at ten of noon and just start bagging. Nope, get on register and...two cartloads comes to an Express lane and I know they saw me turn the express light on (what's the point of 12 items or less if it's not actually enforced, and why isn't Express allowed to have baggers, isn't the point to get customers out quickly?)

A comes with some change; I put my hand out, expecting her to just hand it to me. She gets behind the register and starts fiddling with the drawer while I'm with a customer...then when I pause because if I reach over to hand over the change I'll lean on the drawer and close it "Keep going, this doesn't have nothin to do with you" (um...two people CANNOT fit behind the register at once)

I also had plenty of...people of a certain ethnicity...try a "DIY sales flyer" (wish I could do that). At least I managed to clock out on time.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          try a "DIY sales flyer" (wish I could do that). At least I managed to clock out on time.
          What is a DIY sales flyer? One they made up on the computer? Or shoplifting?
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

They have the normal sales flyer, but try to substitute brands/items. Sometimes the item they want will have some relation to the actual sale item.

Basically "it's on sale because I say it is". There is a tale of one SC who printed up their own coupons, but there's no paper proof in the office so I don't know how true it is (although I have no doubt it could be done).

Comment

Working...
            X