Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you price a dress that is five years old? Do you give cash back or store credit?
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      How do you price a dress that is five years old? Do you give cash back or store credit?
      I worked at Nordstrom. One time a woman brought in a designer nightgown to get her money back. It had torn across the front where the lace joined the gown. I knew it was old as I didn't recognize it at all. I went to the buyer's office in the back and started going through the catalogs that the buyer received each season from the suppliers. I went back through the four years of catalogs we had and it wasn't in any of them, which meant it had to be older than that, so I couldn't give her the original price. She, of course, did not have a receipt or tags. I offered her $19.99, authorized by our buyer, as that would be the expected Rack price for the item. Of course, the SC refused. She took her crusty old gown and went home with a minimal fit.

This would happen a lot around Thanksgiving, as people decided to score some extra money for Christmas shopping.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Check the parking lot at corporate and see how many short buses are parked there.
        GFY

Comment

Working...
        X