This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good the Bad and the Crazies *LONG*

*warning* This is going tobe very long, ranty, and just generalizations of what I dealt with becuase I dont remember exact converstations they all kinda blend together and I suck at grammer and spelling sry

*BG* I worked in a call center for an alarm company that orginially rymed with Dinks but has changed names 2 times since I started. By the time I was fired last Aug I was part of both the customer support and alarm response so this will cover both types of calls*end BG*

An alarm system is not any where near cheap to install or maintain so EW were out the wazoo in the customer support side.

The good ones

I swear to goodness Canadian customers had prozack pumped into the air cause over the 3 yrs i had a total of about 10 angry Canadians. The company was only in Vancover BC and that customer base was just awsome to talk to.

The idiotes

No we do not own or control the police and can not control when they come or how they respond.

We do not prevent break ins we can only respond after the fact and due to the amount of false alarms we recive our calls are not a top priority and by the time I left Detroit and several other cities would not treat our calls as needing a response and would just send a broadcast to all police cars and if someone was near by and wanted to check aka bored would go check the property.

We also do not get updates from the pd unless they need something like needing a person with a key to access the interior of the property or if they see damage.

Techs

I dont care what the tech said installing the system the motion detector is designed to detect heat and motion and weight means nothing to them. The cat will set it off everytime because you know cats climb we cant put it some where high enough to prevent that pick up.

Also the techs are human but if I see another case of them putting the wrong password for customers accounts I will strangle them.

Codewords

We are a security company! For that reason we can only accept your password. No if and or buts. You can yell scream and flail but it does no good you have to fax us what we req in order to up date the word to one you can remeber. We can not give hints also we can not say anyting but yes and no.

If we call you on an alarm going off. We can see how many times it has gone off and know you are annoyed at it but let your friend in the back ground who when I ask if everything is okay yells "no its not alright" even if I get the CW then the cops will be called.

We also can not accept your SSI number please stop trying to give it. We have to verify two things to start whats your name and your CW. If you give the cw to our monitoring department but not your name we cant go forward with support. This is due to having customers with people abusing and stalking them and there are different levels of support depending on who we are talking to.

supervisiors

If I am on a long call during peak times do not stand beside me to ask if I need any help. More then likely if I did I would place the customer on hold and call help desk or you personally. All you are doing is extending the call becuase you just made me lose my place in a complicated power down.

Please also give us all the info when you decide to "promote" our standing in the company. When you tell us oh you will just be an additional que due to regulations in certain states..that we never had heard of before the final name change last year...that sounds like there wont be any noticable changes..

Right..We in that que were taking back to back calls when other people on the floor who had 2-3 min between calls. You might be able to look at numbers and say we didnt take any more calls then our team mates not in this que but when I spend 10 hrs on constant calls and my neighbor has 1 call to every 3 I get there is something wrong..

The crazies

i promise little men and women dont live behind your keys and you arent going to kill them by keeping your code..

Al Gore and his Secret Service men are not tracking you or killed your dog..

We get some really crazy and security minded customers and this poor lady took the cake.

However we couldnt treat all the crazy stories as people being wacky cause we have had customers state someone is getting in and we kept sending techs and finding nothing tampered with and we would change her code constantly..Then a neighbor saw a homeless man take the lader off the side of her house and climb into her attic..

These are all I can remember right now but will update as I remember more crazies cause they sometimes were the most interesting to talk to..

Nope, doesn't sound like fun at all. I work in a call center (though for a totally different type of business) so I can imagine what you went through. Glad you're out of there :-)
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

[QUOTE=evilfarmer;1019055]

I swear to goodness Canadian customers had prozack pumped into the air cause over the 3 yrs i had a total of about 10 angry Canadians. The company was only in Vancover BC and that customer base was just awsome to talk to.

SHHHH! don't give away our secret

Comment

They can't be the same Canadians that call us...lol. We get some doozies. Then again, the same applies to our American customers, and those from other countries who either have homes in the US/Canada (but call from wherever in the world they are) and/or have us ship things to a freight forwarder since we only ship directly to the US and Canada.
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I think Gravekeeper would have to disagree with you on that. He does take calls from the U.S., but some real doozies he's posted have been from Canadialand.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

True but since I didnt offer pants most of his crazy customers left us alone..but we still got the people at 3am that needed to talk or were so drunk they couldnt remember their name..

Comment

Working...
            X