Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas station employees try to get me in trouble, but fail!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas station employees try to get me in trouble, but fail!

The other day I had to take a delivery to the local Walmart gas station. Stupid teen who was working there left the tip and total section blank on the credit card slip. When they do this, it is perfectly fine to ask them to fill it out. (I've been told by all managers and drivers as well that it is perfectly alright to do this.... it is not considered asking for a tip) So he calls his manager, who tells him to give me nothing. No big deal, stiffs happen.
    Then he tells me to help myself to a free drink, so I go and get a redbull, bringing it back up to the counter.
    Me: Hey, did you need to scan this before I leave?
    GSE (gas station employee): Oh, I meant you could get a free fountain drink.
    Me: Ok, no worries.
    I fill a 24 oz cup and then finally leave. When I get back to the store, my manager says that a lady called saying I had asked for a tip. She also said I was rude How can she make that claim when she wasn't even there and never even talked to me? This is a bullshit claim, but that's not the end....
    My manager tops it off by saying that she said I tried to steal a drink.... a goddam $2 drink! I didn't get into any trouble, and when I told my father about it the next day, he said it looked like I was being set up. But I managed to get back at the employees, at least I hope I did.
    On my very next delivery, I called Walmart and asked to speak to a manager, telling them that I did not appreciate them trying to ruin my reputation and trying to get me into trouble at work, something that I most likely could have been fired for. I also suggested that GSE should be the one to be fired, since he's giving away free drinks and then turning around and accusing others of stealing. I didn't give my name or the company name. 1 driver I talked to said I should have just let it go. If they stiff I will. If they complain on me, not much I can do except stand up for myself. But someone accusing me of stealing?! Fucking hell no times infinity! No way I'm letting something like that go!
    I'm glad my boss believed me.... Pretty sure he has enough common sense and brains to know I'd never steal, and certainly not in my work uniform. I'm not dumb enough to steal a $2 drink and get in trouble with the cops, and lose my job and reputation in the process. Well anyway, I hope I got someone fired! You gonna make a claim like that against me motherfuckers, you just might be starting something you won't be able to finish.
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 03-10-2016, 05:27 PM.

Sounds like a case for a bodycam with sound, so in cases like this your boss doesn't have to decide between their account and yours - he can see what happened and hear what was said.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

And I would personally refuse to deliver here again, and your fellow drivers should agree and put this place under a perma-ban...

Comment

^this.......
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I personally wouldn't have taken the free drink in lieu of a tip. That's just asking for an accusation of theft.

While the OP's manager did back him, others in his situation wouldn't be so lucky (Racket Man get in here buddy).
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I personally wouldn't have taken the free drink in lieu of a tip. That's just asking for an accusation of theft.

While the OP's manager did back him, others in his situation wouldn't be so lucky (Racket Man get in here buddy).
            I'm here Irv.

One thing I will NEVER do is accept (though some in the industry do) any non-cash/CC tip. Numerious times I have been offered as a tip legal things such as bottle/cans of beer or other adult beverages. Now I am not a "normal person" as far as being a resident of my state as in I really do not drink that much (and have not for several decades now). I do not EVEN want a closed container of an alcoholic beverage hidden in my trunk in case of an accident on or off the job. Yeah I am a little paranoid (could you tell???).

AND other times I have been offered some not so legal things (of which I DO NOT partake of) of which I refuse for obvious reasons including (because of the proliferation of cameras these days both security and cellphone type) having a video of me in uniform "accepting" an alleged illegal substance. NOT a good situation to be in.

I will not even, as the OP describes, accept a free soda even for the simple reason that the OP stated "in lieu of a tip" because as the OP stated "OH he 'stole' a drink". again not a good situation to be in.

In the case of the OP this situation opens one up to negative employment possibilities and situations. YES the OP does have a supportive store manager BUT those above (owner, franchise owner or company corp.) the store GM may not be so inclined and their word is LAW. Those above can and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.

I myself have been in a similar situation (YES it is still acessable using the search function) http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=74106

Yes in this situation my Store GM backed me FULLY (as I am a long time employee and do not have any record of complaints or accusations of theft or deception) but those above them almost did NOT. I got a bit lucky especially since the store had the copy of the SIGNED CC slip. The guy who picked up the order was drunk and most likely spent some extra money "somewhere else" and GF tried to cover that up by accusing me of stealing her BFs money.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              One thing I will NEVER do is accept (though some in the industry do) any non-cash/CC tip.

I will not even, as the OP describes, accept a free soda even for the simple reason that the OP stated "in lieu of a tip" because as the OP stated "OH he 'stole' a drink". again not a good situation to be in.
              Just curious, but would you accept a free soda in a situation where it was obvious it came from the employee's personal stash, and not store inventory? I'm thinking of a situation where the employee, in order to avoid accusations of theft, has brought in a supply of canned soda of a brand their employer doesn't sell (e.g. President's Choice, when they work for a store that's not part of the Loblaws group of companies).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Just curious, but would you accept a free soda in a situation where it was obvious it came from the employee's personal stash, and not store inventory? I'm thinking of a situation where the employee, in order to avoid accusations of theft, has brought in a supply of canned soda of a brand their employer doesn't sell (e.g. President's Choice, when they work for a store that's not part of the Loblaws group of companies).
                Personally I, on principle of paranoia, will not accept any non-monetary tip. Just call it unfounded paranoia on my part. It can (but yes most likely will not) lead an "unfounded" accusation.

Just as in the case of entering a customers residence OR hotel room. Even though I have most defineately not touched anything in the room I just entered, I was there and if something comes up missing I am mostly likely the one to be blamed for said missing object. Which is why one of the reasons we have the rule that drivers do not enter a residence or hotel room. The other reason is that act also puts you out of sight and potentially trapped behind a locked door with no way out and possibly gang attacked.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My hotel bakes cookies during the afternoon shift, and by my shift sometimes there are some left over. If I order a pizza, on top of my CC tip the driver often asks if they can have a cookie.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                  X