X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My memory is just fine, thank you.

My, you’re a persistent one!

Yes, I see you waving your ID in my face. I don’t need to see it. Because whether or not you’re of legal age, I’m not going to sell to you.

You know why? Because you were in here just fifteen scant minutes ago with a group of individuals, none of whom could produce a valid ID when I asked for them. You remember that encounter, don’t you? You argued that YOU were the one buying the beer; therefore I didn’t need to see the others’ IDs. And when that rather creative interpretation of the law failed to convince me, you had the brilliant idea to send the others outside, reasoning that if they were no longer in my direct sight, I would somehow forget that they existed.

And when THAT failed to produce the desired result, you became a belligerent ass, said a bunch of unkind things, including a claim of incest between myself and my mother, AND a suggestion that is anatomically improbable, and then you and little posse piled back into your battered old Caprice Classic and tore off in impotent rage.

Oh, and just an observation here: throwing it into gear with the engine revved up like that in order to generate as much tire smoke as possible probably isn’t the best way to treat a car, especially one that old. Also, a tantrum like that just screams ‘teenager’. Next time I see you and your ID, I’m going to examine that card VERY closely, you can just bet.

Anyway, here you are again, actually pretending it WASN’T you in the store earlier. Yes, you’re alone this time, but you are wearing the very same clothes. So guess what? I’m hip to your plan. I might be old, but contrary to your theory, senility hasn’t set in juuuuuuust yet.

You’re absolutely right – I CAN’T prove you’re buying for minors. But then again, I don’t NEED to prove it. I actually have a very broad authority to tell you ‘no’, and for a wide variety of reasons. And if there is so much as a shadow of an inkling of a suspicion that’s something’s amiss, you’re going to be shown the door.

I’m sorry you don’t like my answer; nonetheless, your opinion does not change it.

You’re free, of course, to whine to whichever ‘authority’ you see fit about how inconvenient it was that I followed the rules. If you like, I'd be happy to summon the authorities for you. I'm sure they'd be very interested in seeing that ID of yours.

I believe you already know where the door is.

So, why doesn't he just go to a different store?

Oh, right, because he's an idiot.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Why is it I feel this clown has pulled this stunt everywhere else with the same level of fail?

Comment

Actually, from my experience of watching morons be morons, and unable to follow rules, I'm willing to bet he keeps trying it at that store and ONLY that store because it's the PRINCIPLE of the matter!!!

He CAN'T let da man (tm) WIN! He'll beat them, SOMEDAY!!!

-P.S. how'd that work out for the Cobra Commander? Twenty years of tryin to beat the Joes, and still no luck, when if all he wanted was to win against someone, there's plenty of other countries in the world he could've conquered.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

This kind of situation was the bane of my existence back when I worked at the gas station.

YES I DID see you speaking to that I-failed-way-too-young-to-purchase-an-age-restricted-product person outside. YES I an well aquainted with the appropreiate laws and YES I CAN AND WILL refuse the sale if just on principle and YES I am familiar with the movie American Graffiti.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            -P.S. how'd that work out for the Cobra Commander? Twenty years of tryin to beat the Joes, and still no luck, when if all he wanted was to win against someone, there's plenty of other countries in the world he could've conquered.
            Don't ruin cartoons with logic!

Comment

He was back AGAIN last night. Alone this time, but apparently no wiser.

He brought his beer to the register with a very smug look on his face, which vanished rather quickly when I asked him for ID. Which, it turns out, he didn't have.

"But you saw my ID the other night!"

Unfortunately, the last time I checked, 'the other night' is not TONIGHT. And I have to card each purchase. It would not matter if I saw your ID just six minutes ago. I gotta see it again. No ID equals no beer, pure and simple.

This, of course, resulted in the inevitable diatribe and hateful insults.

Look, dude, it should be abundantly obvious by now that I take this shit seriously. Don't get mad at me because YOU can't take the hint.

But since you seem intent on being abusive and disrupting business whenever you're here, let me make this much simpler for you: It will be a very cold day in hell before you buy beer while I'm on the job, ID or not.

See? Now life is much easier for both of us. You have no real incentive to come here, and I don't have to put up with your shit. You have a wonderful evening now.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                But since you seem intent on being abusive and disrupting business whenever you're here, let me make this much simpler for you: It will be a very cold day in hell before you buy beer while I'm on the job, ID or not.
                I sense a ban coming
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

See? Told you he'd keep trying! I am NOT a crackpot!
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I often feel sorry for people like this. It must be very frustrating to continually try to make reality conform to your ideas about how things should work and continually fail.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                      I often feel sorry for people like this. It must be very frustrating to continually try to make reality conform to your ideas about how things should work and continually fail.
                      Sounds like the MO of Wile E. Coyote.

Throw in pitiful attempts at using the race card and that would be some of our customers when it comes to alcohol purchases.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The funny thing, for me, reading that, is that my memory for faces and appearance is so poor that I probably wouldn't have recognized the kid. Definitely not the job for me.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                          And I have to card each purchase. It would not matter if I saw your ID just six minutes ago. I gotta see it again. No ID equals no beer, pure and simple.
                          In some jurisdictions, you'd be required to ask your parents for ID if they came in to buy booze.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                          I am NOT a crackpot!
                          You may not have intended to, but you just revealed a couple possible explanations for the SC thinking they'd be able to pull one over on the OP - crack and pot.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X