Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our balconies don't seem to keep smoke out of the rooms very well (maybe there's a fresh air intake nearby?) so we enforce the law about not smoking within 30 feet of any door to any public building (which hotels count as, or at least they do in my location...Denver is basically a bunch of little cities all stuck together and maybe the Clean Air Act is a city rather than state law, or maybe the city laws around here are more strict?)

We'll charge the smoking fee if butts are found on the balcony. However if someone shuts the door, cleans up their butts, and we can't smell smoke in the room, they'll get away with it. The rule is more to discourage inconsiderate smokers who don't clean up after themselves (like our upstairs neighbors at home who dispose of their butts while throwing the lit ones down on us...I have a burn mark on my arm from that).
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

during the summer of 2001 (before 9/11) I stayed long term (4 weeks) at a high rise hotel in San Fran. Being that this was California the hotel was non-smoking. No problem. I had the end of the hall room right next to an OPEN to the air outside stairwell that was next to an empty lot (yes a rare thing in San Fran). All I had to do was go out into the stairwell to smoke. The stairwell was secure at the bottom of the building so I had no problem getting back inside. AND NO I did not flick my butts into the empty lot.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
      X