This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not broken, it's just OLD!

I have come across this no less than FIVE times in the last two days! The most recent examples:

- A guy wondering why his 5 year old Galaxy SII that is running Android 2.3 is starting to have problems. No sir, it's not the network and it's not our services no matter how many times you try and convince me otherwise.

- A woman who ripped me a new one because her iPhone 4 was NOT compatible with the latest software update.

- A guy who was complaining because his Galaxy S6 would not connect to his PC...running Windows XP.

- A guy who wanted me to send him a brand new phone free of charge because his favourite game had been updated and was now no longer compatible with his phone. Sorry dude, <red checkmark> doesn't make the games. You want to keep playing? Why not use the upgrade you've been sitting on for over TWO YEARS??

- A woman who just couldn't understand why her brand spanking new bluetooth speakers wouldn't connect properly to her four year old cell phone that was three software updates behind.

Somebody save me from these people!
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Why won't my mp3 player work with my 8 track?
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Don't you know technology is cyclical?
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

My cell phone won't connect to my Victrola. Fix it!

Comment

Wah! I can't get on that book site on my tin can on a string phone! And it's YOUR FAULT!
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I'm banging my head against the wall in sympathy.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              Wah! I can't get on that book site on my tin can on a string phone! And it's YOUR FAULT!

Have you tried rebooting the tin can?

Comment

You need to make XM work on my radio.
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post

I'd like to get my VCR to work with my iPhone but that ain't happening in this reality.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Not without a ton of extra stuff....and that'll only get the content transferred. Maybe.

If someone can hook those up, they are literal wizards.

*hands CrazedClerkthe2nd an entire chocolate cake* You have my sympathy, good sir.
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

You need to help me get my home videos onto my iPad! Here's 30 years' worth of videos on VHS and BetaMax to help you out! And I need it done yesterday!
                      Last edited by cindybubbles; 03-25-2016, 12:27 AM. Reason: adding an emoji
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I swear, Not Always Right must read this thread or just have incredible timing, because they posted this story about this very sort of thing.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Easily fixed. I built an AMT-3000, and it works quite well with my numerous old radios.

Not quite as easily fixed, but still doable.

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                          My cell phone won't connect to my Victrola. Fix it!
                          This one's the easiest fix of all. Just jam the phonograph needle through the speaker hole on the cell phone! Best of all, you won't need to change the needle between connections, though you might not be as lucky with the phone's speaker...
                          -Adam
                          Owner of the world's only Vacuum Tube Boombox
                          Goofy music!
                          Old tech junk!

Comment

Not to brag Rosco, but, I did successfully install an MP3 player in my 78' Pontiac

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e7&oe=577CAAB2

but that's kinda the opposite of what's going on here, I threw out the stock AM/FM casette deck because I realized it was OBSOLETE>
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That ancient thing? Are you Sirius?

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                              Not to brag Rosco, but, I did successfully install an MP3 player in my 78' Pontiac but that's kinda the opposite of what's going on here, I threw out the stock AM/FM casette deck because I realized it was OBSOLETE>
                              AM/FM/cassette isn't obsolete - that's what I have in my car. Should have kept the radio and tossed the car, because a '78 Pontiac is OBSOLETE.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X